Really liking the DirecTV Wireless client!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Until my warehouse run today I had 2 HR34s and 1 HR44 on truck. We are kind of stuck where you are with we get what we get from the warehouse.

The way DTV sees it it is like asking for a HR44-700 instead of HR44-200 (which there are reasons for).

Nobody but a tech at your house can tell you what you are going to get or can guarantee what you are going to get. I can get in trouble if I have a 34 over 30 days and give you a 44 that I have had for less. There have been times all we had was 34s. Right now I only have refurb C41s.

Reactions: IcEWoLF
Hello all i'm new to this forum!

Glad I read this thread as I'm about to order Direct TV in a couple of months and want to make sure I get a HR44 receiver.

When you order new service does Direct TV ship you the receivers or does the installer bring them with him/her? I would obviously rather deal with the installer so i can work a HR44 with him/her.

Is there any grace period (30-day money back) to cancel service with Direct TV in case Direct TV and the installer do not have a HR44 and are not willing to secure one for me? If this happened I would just cancel and go with Dish.

I'm also planning to go wireless with the mini's. Does the one time $99 fee cover all the mini's to be wireless or is this for each mini?

Hello all i'm new to this forum!

Glad I read this thread as I'm about to order Direct TV in a couple of months and want to make sure I get a HR44 receiver.

When you order new service does Direct TV ship you the receivers or does the installer bring them with him/her? I would obviously rather deal with the installer so i can work a HR44 with him/her.

Is there any grace period (30-day money back) to cancel service with Direct TV in case Direct TV and the installer do not have a HR44 and are not willing to secure one for me? If this happened I would just cancel and go with Dish.

I'm also planning to go wireless with the mini's. Does the one time $99 fee cover all the mini's to be wireless or is this for each mini?

Welcome!

The installer will bring the equipment.

There is a 30 day grace period or, I would recommend just rescheduling the install for a week or two later.

The $99 pays for the wireless video bridge (generally only one is required but up to 2 additional can be installed free if needed for signal as determined by the tech). Install of up to 3 wireless mini's is generally included (based on credit) additional mini's up to 8 total will usually add $50 each.

Welcome!

The installer will bring the equipment.

There is a 30 day grace period or, I would recommend just rescheduling the install for a week or two later.

The $99 pays for the wireless video bridge (generally only one is required but up to 2 additional can be installed free if needed for signal as determined by the tech). Install of up to 3 wireless mini's is generally included (based on credit) additional mini's up to 8 total will usually add $50 each.

Thanx for the quick response!

Is there any drawbacks to using the Mini's in wireless or using the mini's at all?

Thanx for the quick response!

Is there any drawbacks to using the Mini's in wireless or using the mini's at all?
Not really any difference between the functionality of the wired vs wireless.

The biggest drawback is the minis do not have a tuner of their own, they use the tuner in the HR34/44. The HR34/44 has 5 tuners so if you are watching TV on only it you can record 4 shows. If you have the genie and 1 mini on you can record 3 shows. If you have a 4 box setup and the genie and all 3 minis are on you can only record 1 show. If you have more than 3 minis you can only only have 3 on at a time. If something goes wrong with the HR34/44 then you may be without all your TVs however this is pretty rare even with the HR34 in my experience.

Not really any difference between the functionality of the wired vs wireless.

The biggest drawback is the minis do not have a tuner of their own, they use the tuner in the HR34/44. The HR34/44 has 5 tuners so if you are watching TV on only it you can record 4 shows. If you have the genie and 1 mini on you can record 3 shows. If you have a 4 box setup and the genie and all 3 minis are on you can only record 1 show. If you have more than 3 minis you can only only have 3 on at a time. If something goes wrong with the HR34/44 then you may be without all your TVs however this is pretty rare even with the HR34 in my experience.

Cool, totally makes sense.

Let's say I have 5 tv's in the house and have the Genie setup for 4 tv's (genie + 3 mini's). With the wireless setup is it as easy as unplugging one of the mini's from the wall and tv and switching it to the 5th tv in a different room to watch that TV? i plan to do this for a garage TV. I don't use the garage tv that much but usually do the whole weekend. Would I be able to switch the mini from a tv in the house to the one ion the garage by just unplugging form the one in the house and replugging into the one in the garage?

Cool, totally makes sense.

Let's say I have 5 tv's in the house and have the Genie setup for 4 tv's (genie + 3 mini's). With the wireless setup is it as easy as unplugging one of the mini's from the wall and tv and switching it to the 5th tv in a different room to watch that TV? i plan to do this for a garage TV. I don't use the garage tv that much but usually do the whole weekend. Would I be able to switch the mini from a tv in the house to the one ion the garage by just unplugging form the one in the house and replugging into the one in the garage?
Absolutely, just make sure to tell the tech that so he can make sure the wireless signal strength is good in both locations. I carry extra power cords, HDMI cords and remotes and will give them to people that do that but not all techs do. If he doesn't you can order an EPS-10 power supply and RC71 or RC72 remote and a standard HDMI cable. So all you need is the box to take back and forth.

Absolutely, just make sure to tell the tech that so he can make sure the wireless signal strength is good in both locations. I carry extra power cords, HDMI cords and remotes and will give them to people that do that but not all techs do. If he doesn't you can order an EPS-10 power supply and RC71 or RC72 remote and a standard HDMI cable. So all you need is the box to take back and forth.

Awesome, thanks man!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)