Reasonably priced Laptop

If you can wait a while, see what is available for black Friday. There will probably be some good deals that you can compare.

If you can wait a while, see what is available for black Friday. There will probably be some good deals that you can compare.
Thats just it, currently as far as computers go, I don't know a good from bad ... thats part of the reason I'm posting here to find this info out.

Sounds so far that Asus is very good ... and Toshiba is hit or miss.
I didn't know that.

You can get an i3 or i5 computer in the $500 price range which should serve you well. I'd have at least 4 GB of memory which is what most have at least these days. 6-8 GB would be better.

Have you thought about a used MacBookPro or MacBook Air from Other World Computing (www.macsales.com).
I have used Mac laptops for years, never a problem.
The last one I had before the one I bought this year, lasted for 7 years, never any trouble. Still worked great when I sold it, it was just time to upgrade.

Many of the Black friday ads are out now (check bfads.net). I'm sure you'll find something to your liking at places like Staples, Best Buy, Office Max/Depot...

The mac computers are great but it may not be in the 'reasonably priced" price range unless you find a good used one.

Have you thought about a used MacBookPro or MacBook Air from Other World Computing (www.macsales.com).
I have used Mac laptops for years, never a problem.
The last one I had before the one I bought this year, lasted for 7 years, never any trouble. Still worked great when I sold it, it was just time to upgrade.
I really don't want to go Mac, mainly because the laptop is for my parents and I would have to teach them how to do everything thru Apple, I can do it because I am forced to use one at work, but don't want to try to teach the parents how to use it.

Ok guys, just quickly looking at the Best Buy Black Friday sales

http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/Best-Buy?sort=Name&category=Computers

In my price range, what would you guys do , I want a regular 15" screen, so no tablets. around $500 at most.

I've also got a Costco membership but the price point was around 600 there earlier.BB looked like HP was one they had alot of ... I don't know good from bad anymore, I always thought Toshiba was good, but most are saying no.

Ok guys, I ended up getting an Asus laptop with Windows 8 on it, with a Windows 7 shell.

Now in order to use the Apps feature, you need to set up a Microsoft Account (or so it appears) went ahead and set up a MS account.

Now the issue I have, every time you turn the laptop on, you now have to log into the MS account, to do ANYTHING.

Is there a way around having to log into MS ... would like to turn laptop on and just use it. (If I want new Apps, I can then log into MS account)

A note. I just purchased an ASUS computer myself while I am fighting with Dell to make good on repair of my xps.
ASUS has a program on their support page for their laptops with windows 8. It is called Backtracker and I can verify it works. As soon as you get your computer set up use this program to backup an image onto a jump drive and keep it safe. I used this because I replaced the HDD in my laptop with a new SSD but it would also be great if something happened to your OS or original HDD.
I bought the G751JM 17" ROG laptop

Unfortunately, I found out that this laptop does not have Bluetooth, my last one did....
I just figured that all laptops would have BT by now.

I wonder if ASUS offers the backup on Windows 8 for desktops as well? I know that they do not have backup disks available not even for purchase for Windows 8 computers. Figured that out the hard way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)