Reboot always necessary when swapping Hard Drives?

adidadi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2005
I have been considering archiving a large collection of HD movies on hard drive, but feel that it won't work as a viable option if I have to reboot my 622 every time I swap out a hard drive. Is this the case, or has/will a software update allow us to simply swap out the external hard drive without the 5 minute reboot process?

I have been considering archiving a large collection of HD movies on hard drive, but feel that it won't work as a viable option if I have to reboot my 622 every time I swap out a hard drive. Is this the case, or has/will a software update allow us to simply swap out the external hard drive without the 5 minute reboot process?
There is not a problem swapping right now. I've done it with two drives. Just turn them off.

That is fantastic news, so I can just unplug power and usb, replace with another drive and the 622 will recognize it fairly quickly without having to reboot?

That is fantastic news, so I can just unplug power and usb, replace with another drive and the 622 will recognize it fairly quickly without having to reboot?

For the third time, yes.

I thank you for the first time;-) I'll try it, but hope 443 isn't a requirement for this to work as described. Either way, great news.

So far, I only need the one drive, but I have a second one on hand. Based on knowing this fact from today, I am going to start archiving to multiple drives and swap out as i need them. I may do alphabetical drives. Abc def etc.. and have a master list and just plug in the drive I need. Seems like a good idea to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts