Reboot at 9:05 last night unrequested-

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
At about 9:05 PM last night when I was looking through my dvr list to decide what I wanted to watch, the Hopper rebooted.
This stopped all recording, obviously. Two shows I wanted to watch Rookie Blue and Motive only recorded the first few minutes under PTAT and the recordings did not resume after the reboot completed. I did not look until after 10 PM so there was nothing I could do except wait for a rerun or watch on line.

Two questions: Why the random reboot? Why didn't the recording resume after the reboot?

At about 9:05 PM last night when I was looking through my dvr list to decide what I wanted to watch, the Hopper rebooted.
This stopped all recording, obviously. Two shows I wanted to watch Rookie Blue and Motive only recorded the first few minutes under PTAT and the recordings did not resume after the reboot completed. I did not look until after 10 PM so there was nothing I could do except wait for a rerun or watch on line.

Two questions: Why the random reboot? Why didn't the recording resume after the reboot?

That happens to me sometimes too. Really aggravating.

Just had a reboot for no apparent reason. Theses hoppers reboot real fast which is great but luckily I wasn't recording anything.

Welcome to the world of Dish software. Better than the competition, but still aggravating at times... Much like Windows.

Mine never reboot like that . It always asks at around 2am to check for updates. If it's rebooting like that then it's either an issue with the software or hopper. Try having the hopper replaced.

Mine never reboot like that . It always asks at around 2am to check for updates. If it's rebooting like that then it's either an issue with the software or hopper. Try having the hopper replaced.

i don't think it's time to overreact. also seems like others have had this at one time or another so not worried.

I have had my HWS reboot on me typically when I am configuring something ... say adding channels to my guide, setting internet stuff, etc. Changing channels ... DVR stuff ... it behaves.

I almost thought I was rid of the "spontaneous" reboot. It usually happens when I pull the EHD while recordings are on-going. It seems less likely with a power-plug pull than a USB one. But the exception happened last night. So if the current recording is important, defer the in and out for the EHD for a quieter time.

-Ken with H2000 and many EHDs and 1000's of recordings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts