Received letter from Dish about redirecting my dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mo Fly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
so i received a letter from dish saying that it is necessary to redirect my dish antenna. i currently have 2 dishes - one for the 110/119 satellite and one for the 61.5. i live in central texas. so, what's the lowdown? will i lose channels if i don't call them to make the change? when does this change happen?

Dish is now putting HD on 72.7 and mirroring at 129 so you have a couple options

1. swing that 61.5 dish to 129
2. They will upgrade you to Eastern Arc which sees 61.5,72,77. Then you'll have only one dish

Mo Fly,

If you do not have a Dish Pointed at 72.7 or 129 these are the channels in HD you are missing now;

BBC America HD
E HD
Fox Soccer HD
Hallmark HD
Showtime West HD
Sportsman HD
TruTV HD
IndiePlex HD (Included in the Platinum HD pack)
Retroplex HD (Included in the Platinum HD pack)

Starting Monday April 19th you will be missing another 8 HD channels;

Shorts HD
EPIX HD
Style HD
HLN HD
TCM HD
G4 HD
History Channel International HD
Nat Geo WILD! HD

John

so i received a letter from dish saying that it is necessary to redirect my dish antenna. i currently have 2 dishes - one for the 110/119 satellite and one for the 61.5. i live in central texas. so, what's the lowdown? will i lose channels if i don't call them to make the change? when does this change happen?

I got the same letter Saturday the 17th, have the same two dish setup as Mo Fly, I'm in SE Texas. I'm supposed to call and set up an appointment for a tech to come out and "Dish will professionally redirect my antenna for free". (Before I opened the letter, I figured it was another notice that the Cinemax .01 deal was over:D)
I wouldn't mind having a one dish set up but since I'm only got Absolute plus locals and one 622 I doubt they'd go for that. Besides, I tell all the neighbors that I need two dishes for all my programming;)

Papers in hand

I got the same letter Saturday the 17th, have the same two dish setup as Mo Fly, I'm in SE Texas. I'm supposed to call and set up an appointment for a tech to come out and "Dish will professionally redirect my antenna for free". (Before I opened the letter, I figured it was another notice that the Cinemax .01 deal was over:D)
I wouldn't mind having a one dish set up but since I'm only got Absolute plus locals and one 622 I doubt they'd go for that. Besides, I tell all the neighbors that I need two dishes for all my programming;)

You have the papers in hand that says that they will go it for free. Call make sure that it is real and set up the appt. Then make copies of it to give to tech that does work.

Mo Fly,

If you do not have a Dish Pointed at 72.7 or 129 these are the channels in HD you are missing now;

BBC America HD
E HD
Fox Soccer HD
Hallmark HD
Showtime West HD
Sportsman HD
TruTV HD
IndiePlex HD (Included in the Platinum HD pack)
Retroplex HD (Included in the Platinum HD pack)

Starting Monday April 19th you will be missing another 8 HD channels;

Shorts HD
EPIX HD
Style HD
HLN HD
TCM HD
G4 HD
History Channel International HD
Nat Geo WILD! HD

John

JohnL,
Will all the new HD on the 19th be available to the silver 200/HD subscribers, or are they broken up into per what package you subscribe to?
Thanks,
Ghpr13:)

I got the same letter and had Dish come and reposition my 61.5 dish to point at 129. It said free but they want to charge $95.00 so they gave me $95.00 credit up front. in case they did charge. I did pick up a few extra HD channels that are totally worthless to me, but did pickup my HD locals, in the Pittsburgh Area. I already get my locals from an off air antenna, which are still better than Dishes. Now that the 61.5 dish is pointed at 129 Sat. every time We get a storm I lose the signal from 129 because the 129 Sat. is so low in the sky. I quess the moral of the story is if you dont want to lose what you got and gain a few more HD channels let them do it. But in some cases it may be better to have one Dish pointed at the Eastern Arc.:D

I got the same letter.
I called for the free re-direct and a Dish technician came out yesterday (4/17).
I had a two Dish Pro 500 dish set up, one pointed at 119/110 and the other at 61.5.
They removed the two Dish Pro 500 dishes and replaced them with a single Dish 1000.2 dish.
Re-pointed the dish and checked out my system - all OK.
I picked up a few HD channels that I didn't have before.
Free of charge....

I called, and E* thought I had wing dish still pointed at 61.5, from the old Voom days, but I had done my own install for 129. Didn't tell them that this had been done, so out comes the service guy and I complained about 110/119 dish getting weak signal, the dish was removed from a tree and put on a pole, no charge, and a much stronger signal. Installer didn't think he could get a good los at 129 if he installed a 1000.2, so I am a happy camper.
Dan

I received the same letter here in Seattle. I was wondering what was up, because I've had 129 since the WobbleSat-13 days.

Turns out it was just an administrative stuff-up on their part. After making me look at the "what satellites do you have?" screen, they updated my account to show that I was already receiving 129.

I didn't mention that I was only using 2/3 of my old Dish 1000 (with no .2 or .4), and a separate 30 inch dish for 129. That would have been cruel.

And, yes, I know I don't need the separate dish for 129 any more. But it's up there, and I haven't found any good reason to trifle with it.

So don't assume that you have to do anything when you receive the letter.

Last edited:
can someone post a scan of the letter? I'm guessing i should be receiving one as well, and i would like to get this done.

Dish is now putting HD on 72.7 and mirroring at 129 so you have a couple options

1. swing that 61.5 dish to 129
2. They will upgrade you to Eastern Arc which sees 61.5,72,77. Then you'll have only one dish

But if you rx some of your locals on 61.5, you may lose them by moving to 129, right?!

But if you rx some of your locals on 61.5, you may lose them by moving to 129, right?!

possibly

Here in Minneapolis the Big4 are in HD on both arcs so if you are Eastern Arc you get Big4 in HD and the rest in MPEG4 SD on 61.5
If you are western Arc the big 4 are in HD on 129 and the rest in SD on 110

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts