Received software version U506 on my 2 Hopper3 receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Mine is showing U485 12/13/2017, 7:40PM

I'm still seeing OTA breaking up through the single tuner OTA USB Dongle. :(

I’m running the latest software on HWS with single OTA tuner.

I did the following and have experienced no OTA blocking thus far.
- pulled the usb OTA tuner
- unplug receiver for at least 30 seconds.
- Plugged receiver back in - leave receiver in standby mode once it reboots.
- leave receiver in stand by and Plug single tuner USB back in (top port on both my HWS)
- the receiver will reboot on its own after you plug the USB tuner back in.

Result
Both HWS play back recored OTA content with no issues last evening.

Good luck.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Is that a documented procedure? Keep us updated but personally, I call it luck...
I’m running the latest software on HWS with single OTA tuner.

Result
Both HWS play back recored OTA content with no issues last evening.
And, since you are using a HWS, be sure to keep us updated in the proper thread: HWS U241
Some people are sticklers about keeping this thread only about U506 on the H3.

So they finally enabled two sat tuners on the Wally? Now they just need to enable two ota tuners on the dongle and you would have a replacement for the 722k receiver - as long as you enable dvr software for the Wally and add your own external hard drive. This could become the hopper lite receiver.
So by enabling the second SAT tuner the Wally is a ViP222 with the GUI.

If dish wanted to have a 2 tuner receiver with an EHD DVR they could have done it with the 222.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Now Dish needs to enable the H3 to accept two OTA adapters instead of just one.

I have a single dish OTA adapter lying around unused because I replaced my two HWS's with one H3.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
So by enabling the second SAT tuner the Wally is a ViP222 with the GUI.
That only makes sense if Dish comes up with a way to send the second tuner to a second TV for independent viewing. Keep in mind that the Wally still does not have PIP. The second tuner only makes sense if it is used for DVR recording.

Since 506 my Hopper 3 has shown an occasional glitch in displaying the info for a recorded show. Normally the button choices for viewing the show are in the lower left of the info screen for the subject show with the "watch from start" button the active default. But now every so often it displays a new info screen format for the recorded show with a thin text line in the center of the screen with "watch live" the first and default button. Which is really annoying as why would I be recording the da*n show if I wanted to watch it live?

Now Dish needs to enable the H3 to accept two OTA adapters instead of just one.

I have a single dish OTA adapter lying around unused because I replaced my two HWS's with one H3.
I suggested this as well. Then we could escape paying for sat delivered locals that will go up to $12.00 a month soon.

Since 506 my Hopper 3 has shown an occasional glitch in displaying the info for a recorded show. Normally the button choices for viewing the show are in the lower left of the info screen for the subject show with the "watch from start" button the active default. But now every so often it displays a new info screen format for the recorded show with a thin text line in the center of the screen with "watch live" the first and default button. Which is really annoying as why would I be recording the da*n show if I wanted to watch it live?
I find that I can no longer watch a show that is recording at the same time from the dvr menu. I have to hit options, then tv activity, select the show and start it over from there. Minor inconvenience but it should be fixed in the next software.

When I tried to update the software a little while ago on my H3 it came back saying I had the latest software, U503!

I think our Joey may be experiencing something similar but it's more noticeable because the Joey is slower. When you select a show, you get 3-4 buttons in the lower-left - it depends if the show is still being recorded, if it's been watched already, etc. What I've seen is it flickers between the different buttons before it determines which it's supposed to be showing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts