Received this offer from U-Verse

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
$500 gift card for signing up for U-Verse TV/Internet/Voice. Very tempting to say the least...

$176 a month for U-450 - 24Mbps Internet and U-Voice...not a bad deal...definitely less than what I am paying now.

The savings are good for 2 years.
The only knockdown are the following:

- Inferior Receiver compared to the HR34
- Slower internet speed, currently I have 60Mbps with Charter
- U-Voice is way too expensive, I am using Vonage and only pay $10 a month, about $17 after taxes...
- Having to pay extra for HD versions of NFL RedZone channel, I think this is a bogus fee having to pay extra 7 bucks for HD versions of certain channels...

BTW, anyone using the Wireless TV Client? What do you think of it? Does it work well?

Last edited:
We're using the following:

- Comcast Xfinity Blast 50Mbps Internet (on promo pricing) -- we love it
- No home phone service; instead, via AT&T Wireless -- they've always treated us right
- Video via DirecTV -- we love it

More specifically, about two months ago, we upgraded to Genie HR44 along with a wireless Genie mini. We also have an older HR20-100 dual-tuner HD DVR.

The wireless Genie mini is excellent. Absolutely no problems with it in any way. The only negative thing at this point was that DirecTV insisted upon charging $99 to set up the wireless gateway for the mini; it uses MoCA (Multimedia over Coax Alliance) and not wifi. We ended up getting extra pricing for a year in exchange for having to pay for this charge because I asked for it.

Honestly, my family cannot say enough good about our setup. Once again, there is nothing negative that we've found yet with the wireless Genie mini client.

I have grown to love the DirecTV receiver and I will be eligible for a free upgrade this August...I am considering using that to get the HR44 + Genie Wireless...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)