Received this offer from U-Verse

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
$500 gift card for signing up for U-Verse TV/Internet/Voice. Very tempting to say the least...

$176 a month for U-450 - 24Mbps Internet and U-Voice...not a bad deal...definitely less than what I am paying now.

The savings are good for 2 years.
The only knockdown are the following:

- Inferior Receiver compared to the HR34
- Slower internet speed, currently I have 60Mbps with Charter
- U-Voice is way too expensive, I am using Vonage and only pay $10 a month, about $17 after taxes...
- Having to pay extra for HD versions of NFL RedZone channel, I think this is a bogus fee having to pay extra 7 bucks for HD versions of certain channels...

BTW, anyone using the Wireless TV Client? What do you think of it? Does it work well?

Last edited:
We're using the following:

- Comcast Xfinity Blast 50Mbps Internet (on promo pricing) -- we love it
- No home phone service; instead, via AT&T Wireless -- they've always treated us right
- Video via DirecTV -- we love it

More specifically, about two months ago, we upgraded to Genie HR44 along with a wireless Genie mini. We also have an older HR20-100 dual-tuner HD DVR.

The wireless Genie mini is excellent. Absolutely no problems with it in any way. The only negative thing at this point was that DirecTV insisted upon charging $99 to set up the wireless gateway for the mini; it uses MoCA (Multimedia over Coax Alliance) and not wifi. We ended up getting extra pricing for a year in exchange for having to pay for this charge because I asked for it.

Honestly, my family cannot say enough good about our setup. Once again, there is nothing negative that we've found yet with the wireless Genie mini client.

I have grown to love the DirecTV receiver and I will be eligible for a free upgrade this August...I am considering using that to get the HR44 + Genie Wireless...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts