Receiver Activation/Deactivation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hikersc

Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
I recently upgraded to HD and an HR21-700. I already owned (not leased) an R10 DVR and a Hughes HBH-SA. I only need the Hughes on an infrequent basis for a guest room when a relative to come to visit. I was told when I signed up for HD that since I owned the Hughes receiver and it was in their database, that I could activate or deactivate at any time and would only incur costs for the days (based on $4.99 per month) that the receiver was activated.

Is this true? Does anyone have experience with activating and deactivating on periodic basis?

Thanks for any help!

Since you own it, yes you can activate/deactivate it whenever you want pretty much. Standard fee of $4.99 for the extra reciever. Only thing I'm not sure of is if they pro-rate that and only charge you for the time it's active or if they charge you for the whole month. My gut is telling they charge you the $4.99 whether it's for 1 day or 10.

Also... Be aware of them marking it as a "leased" receiver when you re-activate. It seems to be a bit of a pain to convince them that it's not a lease, but it can be done.

-EdGrimley

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)