Receiver at another location?

abys

Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Hi there,
I hope someone can answer my question. Here's the situation.

I'm going to kick my daughter (19) out of the house giving her my cabin which is about 500 ft away from the house.
Right now we're running a VIP622 and two DP301 in the house.
Can she just take her DP301 and operate it at the cabin when I put a dish on the roof of the cabin? Or do we have to put a very long cable from the house to the cabin into the ground?

500 ft is waayy too long a cable run. Just put up another dish at the cabin. It'll work just fine.

First, let us refer to the new accommodations as the "guest quarters." We are not sharing an account with another household. In the unlikely event that you get a call from the Dish Audit Police (protect and serve you for dinner), be ready to move quickly and quietly to read the numbers off her 301 (unlikely to be necessary).

And yes, no question whatsoever about it, no possibility, no room for discussion- use another dish. They're cheap. An LNB for this purpose won't be so expensive.

Buy and install the dish yourself. Call Claude at Dishstore (that's a clickable link) for a good deal. He's one of our sponsors, and answers questions here to help people out. And has about as good a price as you'll find anywhere.

Another vote for Claude here. I got a 1000.2 dish from him last year for tailgating and he rocks!

Thanks guys. Those are the answers I was hoping for. I'm gonna call Claude tomorrow. :bow

I've been following your advice.
Received the dish today and got it installed and running within 3 hours.

Just wanna say thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts