Receiver buying assistance needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

alta

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2004
About 9 months ago I set up my DirecTV by going with the free 3 room set up with the RCA box that I got at Best Buy.

BTW, I do not have a land line telephone so I do not TIVO or order PPV. I also kept basic cable (as it is virtually free since I have their cable internet service) so I get my locals through them.

Within the first few weeks I bought an HDTV ready TV and purchased the Hughes HTL-HD. This receiver has been fine except for adding back erased channels with madening regularity. I was also lied to by the sales people at Best Buy who assured me that it was an RF remote so I could keep the receiver out of sight. The Hughes is great because it grabs not only the DirecTV stations, but also grabs the cable stations.

Within a month or two one of my RCA receivers failed. I brought it back to Best Buy and they said I'd have to bring in all 3 receivers, since I had the extra one I let it pass. Next, I decided to upgrade the box on the TV my wife watches since she gets angry at having to turn off the DirecTV receiver to get the cable stations. Naturally it was back to Best Buy to get a receiver that would process the cable and DirecTV stations. You guessed it. They assured me that the Samsung SIR-S70 would fit the bill, but it doesn't.

So, that's a long winded way of setting up the question. What receiver out there will:

Grab both the Cable and DirecTV
Use a Radio Frequency remote
Not necessarily be HD, since I only have one HD TV right now
Not be TIVO
Not cost an arm and a leg

Also, any advice on where to buy would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I would call Value Electronics at the top of the page and run it by them, you also get 10% off for being a member here, nice guys too!

PSB said:
I would call Value Electronics at the top of the page and run it by them, you also get 10% off for being a member here, nice guys too!

I'll give them a call. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)