Receiver cannot format drive

It works OK as an external drive to any of my computers, It can be partitioned, formated and will accept data read & write. So, I don't think it is locked. The only device that cannot use it is my Dish receivers (3 722k's and one 211k) because they can't format it, but the computers can.
Michael
When you formatted it did you set it as logical or primary?

Try connecting it to a Dish receiver on somebody else's account. Be interesting to see if it would format under another account number. And then if it does, will your boxes now format it under your account number.

That would be a real quirk.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Strange but true I don't have any nearby friends or neighbors who have dish I can try this with. But what I plan to do is try another drive and if it does format properly then clone that formatted drive to the one which won't format and see if that works. I have cloned a Dish EHD before when I had a nearly full 500GB and cloned it to a 1TB successfully and the receiver does see the new drive as a 1TB drive. So I know the cloning process does work.
Michael

I successfully formated another drive and successfully cloned it to the drive that won't format on Dish. I did compare the partitions on each drive and they look identical. I connected the drive to one of my 722k and, it saw the drive but wanted to format it which failed as before. So I guess there is no getting this drive to work with any Dish receiver. I'm out of ideas.
Michael

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts