Receiver/Directv Dish Capability

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zperkins

Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
Minneapolis
I have a standard d12-700 box and a SL3K4NR0-01 dish with 4 cables coming out of it. Will this combo work?
What dish type do I select on the receiver.

I have never set up a dish before and am having trouble getting a signal. I bought a cheep signal meter online and am not getting anything. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The SL3 will work but only for channels coming from 101W.

If the D12 doesn't figure out by itself what dish is connected, try 18" round dish.

The D12's only configure to SWM by themselves. Everything else you have to change. Slimline 3 or round 18 will both work

Tried SL3 and 18" round. Still couldn't get it to work.

Like I said, I have never set up a dish before so I may be doing something wrong. My question now is, how do I know the dish is good?

Any other tips for alignment?

zperkins said:
Tried SL3 and 18" round. Still couldn't get it to work.

Like I said, I have never set up a dish before so I may be doing something wrong. My question now is, how do I know the dish is good?

Any other tips for alignment?

Unless you see obvious dents in the reflector it's prolly not bad. I've seen them brand new and not work but it's highly unlikely. As far as the LNB goes, it could be. I would suggest going straight to the receiver to check. The mast needs to be LEVEL and PLUMB!!! I can't say that enough!! Once you have that you need to be looking for the 101 satellite. Find out where you need to be and take a compass with you and start from there, you will need to tweak it once you find the signal and last but not least, patience.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)