receiver + dvb card question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nasko

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
I am thinking about buying a dvb card in addition to my satwork 3618.
I also have a standard lnb (one ouput). Could I use the loop connector on my receiver to feed the dvb card or do I need a dual lnb.

Thanks

Loop through should work fine any nuisance value problems with polarity then you can get a dual ku LNBF, I have had two or three receivers all looped together, the more you add the more little problems you come across, IMO!

I've got an analog receiver looped out of my Pansat 1500. Pete's right...the polarity is whatever the 3618 is set to

Iceberg,

If I understand you right, if I have my primary receiver tuned to a transponder with let's say vertical polarization would that mean that I won't be able to watch any programs that are on a signal with horizontal polarization on the receiver/dvb card hooked to the loop connector?

Iceberg said:
I've got an analog receiver looped out of my Pansat 1500. Pete's right...the polarity is whatever the 3618 is set to
If you did not need them both at the same time,I was reading that if the first Pansat was in stand by, that polarity changes and other commands would pass thru from the looped 2nd unit.
"Page 74 tele-satellite this month 11-12."

nasko said:
Iceberg,

If I understand you right, if I have my primary receiver tuned to a transponder with let's say vertical polarization would that mean that I won't be able to watch any programs that are on a signal with horizontal polarization on the receiver/dvb card hooked to the loop connector?

If the first receiver in the line is on, whatever polarity it is both receivers will have. If the first receiver is off, then the 2nd receievr (the one looped) can receive both

If you want both to have the flexibility of either polarrity, then a dual LNB is the only way

Nice,

Thank you guys for the clarification. It's such a pleasure reading AND posting in this forum. Lots of other places on the Net, you're just getting slammed whatever you say. :D

the only people I (and other people) slam are the ones who want to steal service. We don't tolerate that here :)

Everyone else is welcome :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts