Receiver froze up?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Same thing on my HR 21. I too got the notice about 3D a few days ago. It was on this morning but I couldn't change the channel. No response form the front panel buttons either. I'm on my 2nd RBR right now. We will see what happens. This very well may be the last straw for me. I have been a Direct customers for 12 years. Fios here I come.

My cable company was going down monthly. Still does with the internet. What was and is aggravating they never answer the phone on outages.

Got my HR20 to turn on after an unplug reboot, now it won't respond to anything. Stuck on one channel. Wont turn off. Wont change channels. Wont do anything. Try another reboot.

Second unplug should work. That's what I had to do. Clears the corrupt program guide completely.

Same thing on my HR 21. I too got the notice about 3D a few days ago. It was on this morning but I couldn't change the channel. No response form the front panel buttons either. I'm on my 2nd RBR right now. We will see what happens. This very well may be the last straw for me. I have been a Direct customers for 12 years. Fios here I come.

2nd RBR got mine back on. HR21 with 0x3de

Only thing poor about D* equipment is Hemi attitude towards it.
Any system that can't survive a "guide data glitch" is brain damaged. In the computer software world, this is what is known as a "race condition" or "DoS attack".

This is the third such glitch in a year IIRC.

Any system that can't survive a "guide data glitch" is brain damaged. In the computer software world, this is what is known as a "race condition" or "DoS attack".

This is the third such glitch in a year IIRC.
Don't waste your breath, he'd rather complain about me then listen to anything said wrong about their equipment.

Glad I checked in, mine were doing the same thing and I was about to call directv for two new receivers and trying to figure out how both could go south at the same time.

My wife went out the door to work thoroughly PO'd that all her shows might be gone.

Really great to have directv completely hose a fair percentage, if not all, of their customers and see that the guy who works there just has a snarky comment. Thats just beautiful.

Thanks to everyone and thanks for this forum. Needless to say, Woke up this morning and was freaking out. 2 reboots seems to do it. Thanks everone!

Dallas

Guys I need help!!! I was watching TV this morning when this software came through. It downloaded and all but instead of starting I got a message "A problem has been detected in your hard drive. The system will now scan the disk in an attempt to fix it. While it was doing that I called D service and they told me to reboot which just froze everything. I talked to another service person who got it back in the scandisk mode and told me to just let it do that. The problem is its been 5 hours now and has found 5100 errors and is only 12% done! At this rate it will be in scandisk for 2 days!!! There is no telephone line open to D now everything is jammed up. What should I do?????

LOL. "DirecTV Customer Service" is quickly rising to the top of most searched on Google this morning. There are a lot of PO'd folks around the country!

Guys I need help!!! I was watching TV this morning when this software came through. It downloaded and all but instead of starting I got a message "A problem has been detected in your hard drive. The system will now scan the disk in an attempt to fix it. While it was doing that I called D service and they told me to reboot which just froze everything. I talked to another service person who got it back in the scandisk mode and told me to just let it do that. The problem is its been 5 hours now and has found 5100 errors and is only 12% done! At this rate it will be in scandisk for 2 days!!! There is no telephone line open to D now everything is jammed up. What should I do?????
First, Do you have protection plan?

If you do , Just unplug for 5 minutes and then plug back in and see what happends.

There are no fixes other then reboots or rehits.
By terms of agreement your not permitted to open up the machine so , Just Unplugg it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)