Receiver Full Circle

Status
Please reply by conversation.
While it's too late now I think you would love the Azbox Me. It has it's quirks but is still a great media box and receiver. My samsung tv has all of those inputs also and all are in use except for the optical out which I'm not using.

I'm probably never going to find another TV with:
3 HDMI
2 component
2 composite
1 VGA
1 analog audio out
1 optical audio out

I'm using all of them.
I am agree with you....This week My LCD since 10 years ago has stopped to work. I am hurry that somebody expert TV tech can fix. Most People said: Honestly LCD screen with over 8 years old the way to go is : throw away and replace it by new one..Honestly I can not find on the market something like that with bunch of in/out features.jeje..
The same thing is happening on the FTA Receivers..
pd: the mine also include subwofer out, s-video in..lol

No only with the TV but whats with FTA receivers only having an HDMI output? Spend $300 on a box and then have to spend extra to buy an adapter. Additionally the vendors marketing hype does not equate to what comes out of the box. Why should the consumers have to do all the beta testing? Then by the time the box is working reasonably well the manufacturer abandons it.

One way to get around the remote conflict between the Toshiba and the microHD would be to convert the microHD controller to wireless.

Because I wanted to control my microHD from beside the dish while performing fine-tuning, I bought (from Amazon) one of those gizmos that replaces one of the batteries in the remote with an RF transmitter (and half-size rechargeable battery). The receiver end has an IR emitter at the end of a cable that you situate in front of the unit to be controlled (the microHD in this case). I put black tape over the IR emitter on the microHD remote to prevent the unit receiving commands from two sources (which really confuses it). It works very well, over at least 40' and through a brick wall.

You would need to tape the emitter unit to the microHD IR receptor in such a way as to block out any IR coming from the Toshiba controller. Thus your microHD would effectively be controlled wirelessly rather than by infra-red

Check out the amiko mini hd or amiko 8240. I have an 8240. Plays everything beautifully. Records perfect and the clock works. Network features like youtube and upgrade over lan but no samba. I use plex and roku for streaming my movies. Over years of trying many boxes these two are perfect. I can say that about no other box. Ive used and sold my alien 1 and 2. Used the 8240 for 1.5 years now.

Reactions: jorgek
Status
Please reply by conversation.