Receiver issues?

AtlAmanda

Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
We had Dish Network installed two weeks. We have 3 receivers. Two have been working great, but I have already had 2 problems with the third. Basically, the screen freezes up and says there is a switch error or no signal detected. While it gives me options to choose a help or other button, the screen is locked up and I can't choose one. The only thing that works is rebooting. When I do that, everything is fine. It is an easy problem to solve, but I often don't realize it has locked up until later and have managed to Tivo hours of the error message.

Has anyone had or heard of a similar problem? The problem receiver is the 222.

i had the same problem with one of my 211 recievers. tech support had me run all the diagnostic tests and if i remember correctly it was the switch that was the problem anyway we fixed it over the phone but i can't remember all the things we did so i would give tech support a call so they can walk u through what to do.

Move the 222 to where one of the other receivers is located and see if the problem continues. If it does, replace receiver. If it doesn't problem is either wiring or the LNB or switch. Report your findings here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)