Receiver Lease Fees

Allin4greeN

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Lancaster County
So I'm looking at my statement and am thinking... "Man, I wish this bill was less."

I scan the details and see the two receiver fees I pay, $6 each for a 622 and a 211, and I start thinking... "Hmmm, I used to pay only one lease fee when I had a 311 <sigh>."

Here's my question, has anyone successfully *negotiated* these lease fees down, say from two to one? I mean, one of my receivers IS an HD box...

From BFG's E* resource guide;

Additional receiver fees for leased receivers

(the fee on the first receiver on an account is waived, if 1 receiver is an HD, that will be considered the primary receiver)
SD Receiver Lease Fee... $5
HD Receiver Lease Fee... $6 (211,411,622,222)

$6/month does not exactly qualify as a hardship for me but, I sure could use a little break from E*'s relentless fee structure.

So I'm looking at my statement and am thinking... "Man, I wish this bill was less."

I scan the details and see the two receiver fees I pay, $6 each for a 622 and a 211, and I start thinking... "Hmmm, I used to pay only one lease fee when I had a 311 <sigh>."

Here's my question, has anyone successfully *negotiated* these lease fees down, say from two to one? I mean, one of my receivers IS an HD box...

From BFG's E* resource guide;

Additional receiver fees for leased receivers

(the fee on the first receiver on an account is waived, if 1 receiver is an HD, that will be considered the primary receiver)
SD Receiver Lease Fee... $5
HD Receiver Lease Fee... $6 (211,411,622,222)

$6/month does not exactly qualify as a hardship for me but, I sure could use a little break from E*'s relentless fee structure.
If you don/t like paying for the services switch to cable. Or I guess youi could lease 1 less receiver and save the $6.:)

I aquired my 622 and 211 via Dish'N It UP and the primary unit does not have a lease fee.

If you only have 2 receivers call Dish and have them remove the lease fee on the primary receiver.

If you don/t like paying for the services switch to cable. Or I guess youi could lease 1 less receiver and save the $6.:)
Why even bother posting a response? You could've saved yourself the 5 minutes time it took to type that garbage. On the other hand...
Jim5506 said:
I aquired my 622 and 211 via Dish'N It UP and the primary unit does not have a lease fee.

If you only have 2 receivers call Dish and have them remove the lease fee on the primary receiver.
This was a helpful response and what I was hoping for. I also acquired my receivers under DIU and have AEP (have since I first signed up several years ago). That's why I thought it was odd I had two lease fees on my account. Thanks, Jim.

A nice young woman with a southern accent checked my account and because I upgraded two receivers in one year, I didn't qualify for the lease fee waiver. I suppose I should've waited for that 311->211 upgrade...

But, she did put through the $10/10 month rebate deal. Thanks for hooking me up, "Tiki"!

Buy the receiver (except for the DVR or HD receiver) and you never have to pay the additional fee.