Receiver Lease Fees

Allin4greeN

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Lancaster County
So I'm looking at my statement and am thinking... "Man, I wish this bill was less."

I scan the details and see the two receiver fees I pay, $6 each for a 622 and a 211, and I start thinking... "Hmmm, I used to pay only one lease fee when I had a 311 <sigh>."

Here's my question, has anyone successfully *negotiated* these lease fees down, say from two to one? I mean, one of my receivers IS an HD box...

From BFG's E* resource guide;

Additional receiver fees for leased receivers

(the fee on the first receiver on an account is waived, if 1 receiver is an HD, that will be considered the primary receiver)
SD Receiver Lease Fee... $5
HD Receiver Lease Fee... $6 (211,411,622,222)

$6/month does not exactly qualify as a hardship for me but, I sure could use a little break from E*'s relentless fee structure.

So I'm looking at my statement and am thinking... "Man, I wish this bill was less."

I scan the details and see the two receiver fees I pay, $6 each for a 622 and a 211, and I start thinking... "Hmmm, I used to pay only one lease fee when I had a 311 <sigh>."

Here's my question, has anyone successfully *negotiated* these lease fees down, say from two to one? I mean, one of my receivers IS an HD box...

From BFG's E* resource guide;

Additional receiver fees for leased receivers

(the fee on the first receiver on an account is waived, if 1 receiver is an HD, that will be considered the primary receiver)
SD Receiver Lease Fee... $5
HD Receiver Lease Fee... $6 (211,411,622,222)

$6/month does not exactly qualify as a hardship for me but, I sure could use a little break from E*'s relentless fee structure.
If you don/t like paying for the services switch to cable. Or I guess youi could lease 1 less receiver and save the $6.:)

I aquired my 622 and 211 via Dish'N It UP and the primary unit does not have a lease fee.

If you only have 2 receivers call Dish and have them remove the lease fee on the primary receiver.

If you don/t like paying for the services switch to cable. Or I guess youi could lease 1 less receiver and save the $6.:)
Why even bother posting a response? You could've saved yourself the 5 minutes time it took to type that garbage. On the other hand...
Jim5506 said:
I aquired my 622 and 211 via Dish'N It UP and the primary unit does not have a lease fee.

If you only have 2 receivers call Dish and have them remove the lease fee on the primary receiver.
This was a helpful response and what I was hoping for. I also acquired my receivers under DIU and have AEP (have since I first signed up several years ago). That's why I thought it was odd I had two lease fees on my account. Thanks, Jim.

A nice young woman with a southern accent checked my account and because I upgraded two receivers in one year, I didn't qualify for the lease fee waiver. I suppose I should've waited for that 311->211 upgrade...

But, she did put through the $10/10 month rebate deal. Thanks for hooking me up, "Tiki"!

Buy the receiver (except for the DVR or HD receiver) and you never have to pay the additional fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)