receiver / lnb problem. only getting vertical now

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brians0105

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
All of a sudden, I can only get vertical transponders on my system. I was doing fine on IA6 with both V/H tps. But something happened overnight! I can only get vertical transponders now...and they come in as horizontal! For example, CBS Newspath comes in at 11711 HORIZONTAL instead of Vertical. S/R and everything is same.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

That's bizzarre. Almost sounds like your lnb slid 90 degrees.
After checking that, I'd fully power down/power up your system, check the cable, then check the voltage coming off the receiver/cable. If it's not putting out proper voltage, it won't switch from H to V. If all that checks out fine, I'd suspect the lnb is at fault.

Try another LNBF, if you have one.

Make sure the LNBF has not moved, and try a reboot of the receiver. You may end up having to go back to factory default.

I had a similar thing happen a few weeks ago, I found it was because I had so many receivers looped together. As soon as I went back to just one it sorted its self out.

well, i have two receivers, and the same problem occurrs on both...and the LNB hasn't budged. Which leads me to the LNB being faulty, correct?

Also, after about 10 minutes of staying on one transponder, both of the receivers I try turn the channel into a scrambled channel. So maybe there's just something wacky with the lnb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts