Receiver needs to be cycled to get signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kymics

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I moved my 90cm dish from IA-5 to G11 last night (my first unassisted move). I have it running into 4-to-1 diseqc that also feeds Echo7 and Echo8.

Since the move I've noted a strange behaviour. Any feeds that I pull in on G11 display fine. If I move to GolTV, it comes in okay but if I go immediately back to the same channel on G11 it says "no signal". If I soft power off/on the Pansat 3500SD, the signal returns instantly.

Seems like a diseqc issue, but I didn't notice this while I was pointed at IA-5 the other day. No changes to the cabling apart from temporarily unplugging the house coax from the dish to connect it directly to the receiver when I was pointing the dish. Each diseqc number is set for the three birds.

Any thoughts?

I assume the diseqc switch is between the motor and the LNB's and not between the reciever and the motor?

oh ok :)

it does sound like a Diseqc issue. I would try and swap ports (make sure to power off the box with switch on back before removing) and see if that helps.

I have a 2700A connected to a Diseqc like yours. I've found that when switching both satellites and polarity at the same time, I sometimes get a "No Signal" message for 10 to 15 seconds then the program pops up normally. When I switch satellites or polarity by itself, no problems. I'm not sure if it's the software sending a switching signal, coupled with the voltage change, that confuses the switch momentarily since the switch uses the receiver's voltage or if something else is causing the problem. But it's something I can live with till it dies completely. Good luck and have fun.

Same thing happens on my fortec na unit, if anyone figures it out please let me know how to fix it:confused:
I did notice that it happens a lot when I switch from nasa channel back to other channels. I wonder if it has to do with the large amount of signal (signal strength) were getting from 119?

Same thing happens on my fortec na unit, if anyone figures it out please let me know how to fix it:confused:
I did notice that it happens a lot when I switch from nasa channel back to other channels. I wonder if it has to do with the large amount of signal (signal strength) were getting from 119?

I never tried waiting for a several seconds. In my case, it seems that if the channel is from a circular satellite, that the signal will come back up after about 10 seconds. I don't think the same thing is happening though when I wait on a linear satellite, it just says 'no signal' until I cycle the power.

I'm really thinking the problem is a faulty diseqc because this morning it didn't seem to have that problem when switching between the three sats.

More investigation to follow.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts