Receiver not locking on Sat 119

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JenJae

Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
USA
I'm hoping someone can help me! I've borrowed a family member's receiver for a few months while they are away for winter. I already have three working receivers on a Dish 500 (there are three cables coming from dish). My brother is subscribed to all movie channels and local channels, so thought I would use his receiver in my bedroom instead of my current one while he is away so we can have more channels at his expense :)

Anyhow, the receiver is OLD ... model is Echostar - 4000. It is locked on satellite 110, but when trying to lock on 119, I get the "wrong sat - Echostar 110 west" The signal strength is good, but will not lock. I've done the switch test a dozen times with no luck. I know the dish is aimed correctly, because my other two receivers are picking up 119 & 110 fine.

Any help would be appreciated...perhaps the old receiver is not compatible with the dish I have??

I'm obviously not satellite smart, which is why I'm here. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)