Receiver Not Seeing Third Satelite (129)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mrbodywork

Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Mass
Just spent several hours trying to resolve an issue with Dish tech Support without much success. I just relocated and switched from Eastern to Western Arc. My 612 receiver is set with Western Arc Dish. It sees Sat 110 and 119 but for some reason the switch is not seeing Sat 129.

Without 129 I don't have many of my HD channels

I have checked and I have a signal of at least 60 on each of the three satelites. When i run a check switch i get:

1 2 3 4
119 110 Conn X
1k.2 1k.2 1k.2 N.C.

Reception Verified
DPP 1 K.2 w/Separator

identical on line 2

My question--Why would the signal meter show a strength of 60 for sat 129 and the switch not recognize it? What does Conn mean?

I have unplugged the receiver and reset per tech support. Any suggestions from the pros out their? I appreciate the info. Also If I have to, I have my Eastern Arc set-up but don't know where to get the set up azimuths, elevation skew for that set up here in Massachusetts.

Thanks, Bill

Just spent several hours trying to resolve an issue with Dish tech Support without much success. I just relocated and switched from Eastern to Western Arc. My 612 receiver is set with Western Arc Dish. It sees Sat 110 and 119 but for some reason the switch is not seeing Sat 129.

I have checked and I have a signal of at least 60 on each of the three satelites. When i run a check switch i get:

1 2 3 4
119 110 Conn X
1k.2 1k.2 1k.2 N.C.

Reception Verified
DPP 1 K.2 w/Separator

identical on line 2

My question--Why would the signal meter show a strength of 60 for sat 129 and the switch not recognize it? What does Conn mean?

I have unplugged the receiver and reset per tech support. Any suggestions from the pros out their? I appreciate the info. Also If I have to, I have my Eastern Arc set-up but don't know where to get the set up azimuths, elevation skew for that set up here in Massachusetts.

Thanks, Bill

I am sorry you are having a problem with the 129 satellite. The Conn means that the receiver can read the signal from the dish to the receiver but there is not satellite information being obtained. Please PM me your account information and I will need to a tech out to your home ASAP! Thank you!

1 2 3 4
119 110 Conn X
1k.2 1k.2 1k.2 N.C.

Reception Verified
DPP 1 K.2 w/Separator

identical on line 2

Thanks, Bill
Looking at your location, I think it says you're in Massachusetts, right? If so, aren't you better off to stay at Eastern Arc anyway (especially if your locals are there)? It's pretty hard to hit 129 in Massachusetts.

It looks like you are probably picking up 119 and 129.. The dish sees a sat and marks it has that.. I think you need to move the dish to the left 9 degrees..

If he's seeing 110 & 119 wouldn't he need to move the dish to the right (West) 9* ? Usually the 129 lnb is seeing 119, the 119 lnb 110, and the 110 lnb off in the netherworld.

Zip Code is 01373.

I am receiving 110 and 119, confirmed through checking individual stations. I am going to switch dishes and try the Eastern Arc. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Setting my ground tripod many times, if the dish was aimed at 129 instead of 119, it would say so.

Like:
129, 119, X, X

And the solution would be to swing left (from behind the dish) 10 degrees.

If the Switch Check shows:
119,110, Conn, X

Then you are aimed at 119 and 129 is being blocked by something. That far east 129 is really low on the horizon and it doesn't take much to block it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts