Receiver question. (Newbie first post!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatZach

Original poster
Mar 22, 2009
Mitchell Indiana
First off let me say hello to every one! :):):)
My name is Zach and I have recently got into KU-Band FTA reception.
One thing I have been noticing is I'm getting a TON of requests from friends/neighbors to help buy and setup their own rig. This is all well and good, as I enjoy building things for people, and this is an awesome hobby so far. But here is my dilemma:

Some of my friends aren't propellar hats (They aren't technical) and I need to find a *cheap* reciever that will be easy for them to use and have functions such as motor control and a large channel storage capacity.

This unit does not need DVR, PVR, HDMI or anything fancy.

My current list of requests is somewhere around ~15 setups and I would love to find a nice little receiver between 50 to 80 dollars that I could buy in bulk....

Any one have any suggestions?

Zach

Last edited:
blind scan or not?? i know SatAV had some units on sale a month or so ago it would have been a good basic unit ( and when i say basic i mean basic) but it didn't do blind scan..... at the time it was on sale for like $20 each

so if it had channel edit abilities ( i don't know if it has one ) you could load up on each one alike and install.

but i'm sure you can shoot both of the sponsors listed above with your requirments and they can let you know what they have that will fit the bill :)

:welcome to the group

well this is a basic receiver , i don't even know how good or if it controls a motor. email satav and ask. also ask if it has a channel editor available it would help out lots for programming.

much better units would be a blind scanning units the coolsats traxis & merc II / danamics

coolsat 5000 or 6000 will control a diseqc 1.2 motor, and they both have blindscan. You will want a stb with blindscan to catch wild feeds.

they are easy to use, do ac3 audio, and have a nice picture quality.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts