Receiver/Satellite compatibility Problem

Which channels are you missing? As far as I am aware all regular programing should be the same on both eastern and western arcs. Another question. What are the signal strengths? The domes don't get as good strength as a regular dish but it should still be at least 40-50. Low signal strength may cause some channels to not come in. If the strength is low I'd start checking the fittings. Most people who work at RV dealerships don't seem to know how to install fittings correctly and a fitting with a recessed dialectic can cost you 5-7 points apiece.

Yeah my signal strength is not very good, on one of the birds, i cant member the exact signal strength # but it IS in the green, and the other almost makes it to green, i think it is yellow or something.

its really frustrating because im here at work and i dont get on the net much at home, which is where the coach is. ill try to get online tonight if my wife and kid let me, and ill post the model# of the Winegard, and can tell you exactly what my signal strength is on each bird.

Well there you go. In case you are wondering each satellite has several transponders, each transponder caries a few channels. The signal each transponder varies a bit if one is yellow some others may not be strong enough to come in. If a transponder doesn't come in you will be missing the channels on it. Here is my suggestion on how to determine why your signal is so low. Hook a cable directly from your dome to your receiver bypassing all the cable in the trailer, if the signal is better then there is probably something wrong with the cabling in the RV. If some thing is wrong with the cabling it is probably the fittings (see earlier post).

Last edited:
yeah were good now, for anyone following along, the resolution to my problem was switching the dip switch under the dome cover of my dish and then i had to run a check switch. Found birds 110 and 119, i locked on to 119 first, and MANY of my channels were missing, so i tried 110, and had to redownload my guide info data and such, and wahlah, presto, of whatever your favorite magic word is, ITS WERKIN!!! ;-)