Receiver/Satellite compatibility Problem

E* & D* LNBs are different. Haven't heard of an LNB that would work with both, dip sw or not. I suppose it's possible. I suspect you'll be paying a call to Claude at the Dishstore and maybe spending a few bucks.

E* & D* LNBs are different. Haven't heard of an LNB that would work with both, dip sw or not. I suppose it's possible. I suspect you'll be paying a call to Claude at the Dishstore and maybe spending a few bucks.
Actually the LNBs really aren't any different. What is different is the switching circuitry. When you think of the the electronics on dishes like the 1000.2 or the direct triple you think of it as a single LNB, technically they are three LNBs with a switch built in one package. An example of this is when dish and direct both started out their LNBs were interchangeable you could aim a Direct TV single a 119 and get signal for your DishNetwork receiver. I've also seen a 500 dish with a Direct TV single and a legacy dual hooked up with a SW21 in use. Why changing dip switches would make it work is because it is changing between a Direct style switch and a dish style switch.

P.S. DP duals and DP singles actually have a bit of switching circuitry built into them which is why they are incompatible.

Dish legacy (original) and DirecTV are the same, 13/17 volt switched. DishPro is 18 volt bandstacked, and DP Plus adds 22khz DiSEq control of each band.

ok, damn this is really frustrating me, i got the 211 in the rv, run the switch check, it passed or whatever, had green checkmarks on the summary screen. But it is locking on to the WRONG birds, i.e. echostar - 110 and echostar - 119....and supposedly i need 61.5, 72, or 77 here in Tennessee where im at?!?!? And even when it DOES lock on, it only brings up one channel, and i think its the dishnetwork default channel or whatever you call it, cause i cant even bring up a guide!! Please, some more help if you will! -Buzz

Actually the LNBs really aren't any different. What is different is the switching circuitry. When you think of the the electronics on dishes like the 1000.2 or the direct triple you think of it as a single LNB, technically they are three LNBs with a switch built in one package. An example of this is when dish and direct both started out their LNBs were interchangeable you could aim a Direct TV single a 119 and get signal for your DishNetwork receiver. I've also seen a 500 dish with a Direct TV single and a legacy dual hooked up with a SW21 in use. Why changing dip switches would make it work is because it is changing between a Direct style switch and a dish style switch.

P.S. DP duals and DP singles actually have a bit of switching circuitry built into them which is why they are incompatible.

Dish legacy (original) and DirecTV are the same, 13/17 volt switched. DishPro is 18 volt bandstacked, and DP Plus adds 22khz DiSEq control of each band.

Thank you for the education. I really should have remembered about the original LNBs. Anyway, the net effect is you are unlikely to get a modern LNB to work with both systems, unless it's (for example) an aftermarket one and you set up switches external to such LNB?

ok, damn this is really frustrating me, i got the 211 in the rv, run the switch check, it passed or whatever, had green checkmarks on the summary screen. But it is locking on to the WRONG birds, i.e. echostar - 110 and echostar - 119....and supposedly i need 61.5, 72, or 77 here in Tennessee where im at?!?!? And even when it DOES lock on, it only brings up one channel, and i think its the dishnetwork default channel or whatever you call it, cause i cant even bring up a guide!! Please, some more help if you will! -Buzz

Did you download data to the receiver and then call dish to have it activated? My guess is that the channels are missing because its not yet active. Also, the in motion satellite is probably programmed to use 110/119 as default for Dish Network equipment. If may need to be set up to get any of the other satellites. However, most of the primary channels are located on 110/119 and you should be just fine with that unless you are looking to get HD in the RV.

lol well the box is hd and so is the plasma so it would be nice ;-) but yeah it downloaded the info and i just got it activated so its acquiring satellite info right now as we speak (015 screen) ill post bak asap!

and just for the record, will i ever get all the channels i was getting here in the office? because when i had my direct tv receiver in the rv, it hooked right up with no problems( due to the fact that the in-motion dish was preset to Direct TV settings on the dip-switch) and i got every channel that i got when it was hooked up in the house. And it seems that my channels now are very limited, even when compared to the amount of channels i had when the same exact receiver was hooked up here in the office?!?! Man, ill really be glad to get all these wrinkles ironed out!! lol

And just a lil recap here, to get my new 211 reciever to work, i DID have to climb on top of the RV, pop the cover off my Winebarger in-motion satellite dish, and change the DIP-SWITCH to the DishNetwork settings. After that, i ran a check switch, and then it downloaded all the updates and program guide data, and finally i was off and running. I kept the tv,receiver, and in-motion dish powered on all the way home just make sure that it would keep working and it did!

That is what I thought. You never said what manufacture/model you have but I suspect that it is ether a Winegard RT8000T Roadtrip Mini Max In Motion Satellite Antenna White Camper Trailer RV or a Winegard RT1235T RoadTrip Satellite SDi 12 Inch Black In-Motion Antenna Camper Trailer RV if so what you would need is a Winegard RP12HDT RoadTrip DISH HD Upgrade Roadtrip Dish Network In Motion Camper Trailer RV. There are other manufactures of dome type dishes but winegard is the most common.

How do you know if a RoadTrip has the DISH Network triple toggle feature? Look for the HD Ready label (shown bellow) on the box!
If your RoadTrip has this label, it's HD ready for DISH Network. If it does not, you will need to purchase an HDupgrade kit or satellite interface box.
roadtrip_hd_ready.jpg

Copped directly form http://www.winegard.com/roadtrip/index.php

Yeah, it is a Winegard, and yeah the cover/dome is White, and im looking for my paperwork to see what model number it is, so ill letcha know as soon as i find out. But let me get this straight, my dish has to be hd ready to get all the channels that i pay for? even the non-hd channels?

Last edited:
yes, im missing several channels that i DO get when i have the receiver hooked up here in the office. I talked to a service tech here local and he said that i had to be locked on to one of the birds "for" my area which are 61.5, 72, and 77. And my rv dish is only locking on to 110 or 119. Is this correct that i have to be locked on to 61.5, 72, or 77?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)