Receiver Suggestions

zman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
Hi All,
I need some suggestions on getting an additional receiver. I currently have a 622 that drives my HDTV in my living room and my second TV in my bedroom (TV2). I also have a 625 which supplies a TV in my gameroom and then feeds another bedroom TV (TV2). I have no put an HDTV in my gameroom too so would like to replace the 625 with an HD DVR. I was originially holding out for the new 922 but after reading the specs I dont think it will be worth it. So here are my two questions:
1. What is my best option for replacing the 625 (need HD on TV1 and SD on TV2) - a 622 or 722 ?
2. What if any deals is dish offering on these receivers? Also, what would my monthy rate increase to if I replace the 625 with a HD dual tuner DVR (see current bill below)?

Thanks in advance for any advice....

GoldHD 10.00
Service Plan (15/0) 6.00
America's Top 250 With Locals 62.99
DuoDVR Receiver 17.00
DVR Service 6.00
TOTAL $ 101.99

The 622 is no longer a front-line soldier. The 722 has had less problems, by only a slight amount if you ignore the 622's ethernet connector. But the bigger disk and faster processor win.

Dish's latest price changes make the 622/722 have the same monthly charge as a 625. The only 625 added feature is the dual 2-hour buffers instead of one hour but they are not HD.
-Ken

Thanks KKlare. I will see what dish will sell me a 722 for. I am also looking at switching over to DirecTV and getting their upcoming multi-room viewing. This would really solve my issue as I could get two HD DVRs and One HD reciever and share the content from the DVRs. Just been with Dish so long and am used to their receivers that I hate to switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)