Receiver Suggestions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
Hi All,
I need some suggestions on getting an additional receiver. I currently have a 622 that drives my HDTV in my living room and my second TV in my bedroom (TV2). I also have a 625 which supplies a TV in my gameroom and then feeds another bedroom TV (TV2). I have no put an HDTV in my gameroom too so would like to replace the 625 with an HD DVR. I was originially holding out for the new 922 but after reading the specs I dont think it will be worth it. So here are my two questions:
1. What is my best option for replacing the 625 (need HD on TV1 and SD on TV2) - a 622 or 722 ?
2. What if any deals is dish offering on these receivers? Also, what would my monthy rate increase to if I replace the 625 with a HD dual tuner DVR (see current bill below)?

Thanks in advance for any advice....

GoldHD 10.00
Service Plan (15/0) 6.00
America's Top 250 With Locals 62.99
DuoDVR Receiver 17.00
DVR Service 6.00
TOTAL $ 101.99

The 622 is no longer a front-line soldier. The 722 has had less problems, by only a slight amount if you ignore the 622's ethernet connector. But the bigger disk and faster processor win.

Dish's latest price changes make the 622/722 have the same monthly charge as a 625. The only 625 added feature is the dual 2-hour buffers instead of one hour but they are not HD.
-Ken

Thanks KKlare. I will see what dish will sell me a 722 for. I am also looking at switching over to DirecTV and getting their upcoming multi-room viewing. This would really solve my issue as I could get two HD DVRs and One HD reciever and share the content from the DVRs. Just been with Dish so long and am used to their receivers that I hate to switch.