Receiver upgrades for existing subs

mikfort51

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 29, 2003
Grain Valley, Missouri
I currently subscribe to America's Top 180 value pak with locals. I have three receivers- 3000, 4000, 6000. I pay an additional receiver access fee of $9.98/mo. If I upgrade the 3000 and the 4000 to a DVR 510 and a 301 through the Dish'in it up promotion will my bill be the same as it is now or will the DVR cost extra?

The dvr will add an additional $5 video on demand fee. The leased receivers (you do realize they will be leased, right?) will cost you $5.00/mo. instead of $4.99.mo, so your bill will go up by $5.02.

Depending on what deal they offer, you may want to keep your old receivers instead of giving them to dish. When I did it, they told me they were going to charge me $25 and give me a $25 credit when they received my old receivers. I made more money selling the old receivers on ebay and paying the $25.

Next year they should be offering the 522 and 322 receiver on the "Dish'n It Up" promo in which would give you DVR functionality on two receivers and save you $5 on the additional outlet fee if you keep it hooked up to a phone line making up for the DVR fee that you would be charged for. These receivers have two tuners. The 522 has DVR functionality while the 322 does not.