Receiver upgrades for existing subs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mikfort51

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 29, 2003
Grain Valley, Missouri
I currently subscribe to America's Top 180 value pak with locals. I have three receivers- 3000, 4000, 6000. I pay an additional receiver access fee of $9.98/mo. If I upgrade the 3000 and the 4000 to a DVR 510 and a 301 through the Dish'in it up promotion will my bill be the same as it is now or will the DVR cost extra?

The dvr will add an additional $5 video on demand fee. The leased receivers (you do realize they will be leased, right?) will cost you $5.00/mo. instead of $4.99.mo, so your bill will go up by $5.02.

Depending on what deal they offer, you may want to keep your old receivers instead of giving them to dish. When I did it, they told me they were going to charge me $25 and give me a $25 credit when they received my old receivers. I made more money selling the old receivers on ebay and paying the $25.

Next year they should be offering the 522 and 322 receiver on the "Dish'n It Up" promo in which would give you DVR functionality on two receivers and save you $5 on the additional outlet fee if you keep it hooked up to a phone line making up for the DVR fee that you would be charged for. These receivers have two tuners. The 522 has DVR functionality while the 322 does not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts