Receiver with Good Sensitivity and AC3 Decoding

Status
Please reply by conversation.

beeb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2004
Is there such a receiver? I mean, able to decode AC3 to stereo and output that signal through the analog outs.
I am looking for a FTA receiver. I'm willing to sacrifice the AC3 decoding feature if the receiver has excellent RF sensitivity. I was looking at the Fortec Lifetime Ultra, edition 2005, but I read in the review section that it has lower sensitivity than the old model, so it's a no-go for me.
If sensitivity (ability to pull in weaker signal) is the only requirement, which DVB FTA receiver would you recommend?

Thanks

My BEC-1000 was great for sensitivity and would pull in stuff the fortec wouldn't but it does not have blind search.

My Coship 3188c has better sensitivity than my Fortec Ultra, but the Coship doesn't have AC3 audio capability, nor will it drive a dish motor. It does have blind search, though, and you may be able to pick one up pretty cheap.

Iceberg, is the Pansat 3500 better RF wise than the Fortecs?

Havent worked with a Fortec before but in the 9 receivers I have or used, the 3500 is the most sensative

Others I've tried
Pansat 1500-much slower scan than the 3500
Satwork 3688-blind scan is very s l o w
Satwork 3618-stripped down model of the 3618
Viewsat 2000-no blind scan
Viacast 2000-no blind scan
Coolsat 4000-decent blind scan on factory software
KUsat 2600-no blind scan (like a Digiwave 7000)
Microyal 1000-no blind scan

Thanks, Iceberg, looks like the 3500 will be my first standalone (non-PCI-Card) FTA receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts