Receivers Question - DVD-S2 4:2 HD etc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phpinfo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
USA
I really like the Coolsat 6000 receiver. It is very easy to use, it blind scans great, AC3 audio etc.

My question is, are there any FTA receivers that have all the Coolsat 6000 features, but have the ability to do 4:2:2, 4:2:0 HD SD DVD-S DVD-S2 - If I am not mistaken, the Coolsat 8000 HD does all except 4:2:2???

I have been searching, but mostly found old threads. So I am just curious if there is anything available now, or anything on the horizon.

I am looking to upgrade to something that can pick up HD, but wanted to make sure there was nothing coming out or a receiver that I did not know about. Thanks

I'm barely a month into this FTA hobby but I read here somewhere that the AZBox gets all the signals you mentioned above but it doesn't blind scan. I guess you can keep the coolsat for blindscans and the azbox for everything else, at least that's what Im gonna do when I get one!

I don't think the Coolsat 8000 has blind scan.

The new receiver from dvbworld that Sadoun is going to be carrying apparently has blind scan, but I don't think we've established for certain whether it does 4:2:2 yet.

So overall, at this point there is no receiver available that has blind scan and does 4:2:2, 4:2:0 HD SD DVD-S DVD-S2 etc ??

There's the AZBox Premium Plus, if you want to order one from Europe for well over $500.

At this point I'd wait and see what the DVBWorld box really does, because it's a lot cheaper. Several people here have one pre-ordered.

Coolsat 8000 doesnt do 4:2:2 and no blind scan
AZbox can do all but blind scan sucks...this is the closest thing that we know of
Pansat 9200 can blind scan but no 4:2:2
Vantage can blind scan but no 4:2:2

Coolsat 8000 doesnt do 4:2:2 and no blind scan
AZbox can do all but blind scan sucks...this is the closest thing that we know of
Pansat 9200 can blind scan but no 4:2:2
Vantage can blind scan but no 4:2:2

How is the blind scan on the Pansat 9200 and Vantage? Can you do detail like on the Coolsat 6000?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)