OTHER Receivers

Lord348_8

Original poster
Feb 16, 2007
Maryland, USA
Hi friends

I am wondering if any one can use European receivers in USA ? if not, then what's differences ?

(for example, European receivers has two tuners, Dongle, FTA sharing for 2 years,any other internet based sharing, IPTV with 500 Internet channels, Android os,
-FULL HD
-2 USB
-CA
-VFD
-LAN
-WIFI INSIDE
-2 YEARS SHARING
-IPTV SUPPORTING 6 MONTHS
and ....)
)

I have wondered the same thing. I think that we would have to compare the specifications to see if they match the specs required for reception in USA. I expect there will be a lot of similarities, with some minor differences. Probably, like here - there are some receivers sold that will not receiver all the different signal formats.

Most DVBS/S2 receivers can be used anywhere in the world as DVB is an internationally adopted standard. There often will be challenges as the output standards will be defaulted to 50hz and may not initially display on your monitor. The satellite list may not have the correct birds or preprogrammed frequencies. Support may not be available to address reception issues that are unique to a region. Just a chance one takes, but often worth it!

The Android OS would allow you to use Google Store apps as long as the STB has permissions for using regional Google access. Otherwise you will need to root and hack to add apps.

Many of the advertised features of this STB won't be used in our market. Key sharing is illegal in North America, and likely is supported for stealing European satellite programming. IPTV support is like including rust bottom coating on a new car purchase. What programming are they offering and is quality streaming, legal programming and theirs to give? CA slots won't be used with no subscription services available.

If you buy one, let us know about your experience. It may or may not be the awesome device that you are looking for.

Reactions: mc6809e and KE4EST
The listing in the original post looks geared toward European signal theft. Generally boxes advertised like that will have little to no True FTA value in North America and zero support. Europe based IPTV services typically won't work as advertised when accessed from North America. Many of the channels will be limited to certain areas with geo-location. Others just won't stream well as we can't get good enough connection speed to the local source in Europe.

Here is a thread from last year that several of us assisted with: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3520931/
In short, the person had a European receiver that they wanted to use in the United States. The company offered no support for North America (updated sat lists, etc). After eventually getting the receiver manually updated with NA info, it was determined the receiver would not support a motor and the OP decided to look for a NA receiver instead. It's just my opinion but I think you are better off getting a receiver that was designed for North America and has support and warranty right here in the US. :)

I copied all those information from a Korean company which make receivers for Middle east. they are using Asian, European and some US satellites in Middle East. also they are using Motor for some years. In addition, they have some sale representatives in USA like CA, Arizona, and ...

I copied all those information from a Korean company which make receivers for Middle east. they are using Asian, European and some US satellites in Middle East. also they are using Motor for some years. In addition, they have some sale representatives in USA like CA, Arizona, and ...
Can you provide the name of the company/US sales rep and model of the receiver you are interested in? If we have more details then perhaps someone can determine if it would be suitable for legitimate FTA use here in the US.

Reactions: . Raine
The name is Oscar. I don't know the rep. info but they says they send you from inside of USA ( CA or Arizona or... which you are close to them) ... this company has a big huge sale in Middle East, at least I know because I used to use their product. I used them with motor. We had 2 years sharing which I had about 1500 channels open ( including 500 channels which were opened with sharing). After I came in to USA I realized people here are paying for all those channels we had them open.

By the way, If you have any question like satellite list or ... in that receiver I can ask my friends in Middle East to check that for you.

Still not enough info to determine if what you are looking at would work properly in the US. If you want proper NA updates and support (meaning much less frustration setting up and using your system) it's still best to get a receiver that was designed for North America and has support and warranty right here in the US. :)

Reactions: Lord348_8