Receiving HD CH 81 on my single LNB Dish!?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wirelezz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
Rocky Mountain High
Can someone explain this?

I set up my new HR10-250 yesterday (Mon., 1/30), and when I called D* to activate, to my TOTAL SURPRISE the CSR told me that the HD West coast waivers I had requested last Fri. were approved and in place!!! This after being told the process would take up to 45 days and most likely I would still be turned down. Super Bowl in HiDef... YES!!

But here's the thing:

I still HAVE NOT mounted the Triple LNB Phase III dish, I'm still connected to my old single dual LNB dish (I've just replaced my old UltimateTV receiver with the HR10-250). But I'm receiving the West coast CBS HD feed (CH 81) with this dish. The other network HD channels are not there as you would expect.

So how can the old dish which is pointed at Sat. 101 be receiving CH. 81 which I assumed was broadcast from Sat. 119?

edit: my location is in the mountains 40mi. due west of Denver at 9000ft. elevation.

Last edited:
I think the four major networks are broadcast country wide so don't need the 3LNB or 5LNB dish to receive those HD channels. The other HD channels will require the bigger dish.

Chris

rad said:
Well, according to w-w-w.lyngsat.com/packages/america.html 101 slot currently has channels 80, 81 and 82 on 101. D* loves to move stuff around all the time so while they might be there now at any time the could move to 110 or 119.

Ah, yes that would explain it. Rad, thanks for the link, I just bookmarked it.

The D* CSR tech I spoke to said all the HD signals originated from Sat.'s 119 & 110 only, and had no expaination for why I was receiving 81 on my old dish from the 101 Sat. He thought I might be catching a signal reflection considering I live in steep mountainous terrain at 9000ft. elevation in the Rockies. Go figure!

So much for techless support!! :mad:

"Techless support"?

CSRs and techs are 2 different types people. They do not have the same functions and CSRs know nothing off script about tech issues; nor are they trained too, nor should they be.

charper1 said:
"Techless support"?

CSRs and techs are 2 different types people. They do not have the same functions and CSRs know nothing off script about tech issues; nor are they trained too, nor should they be.

Well yes, I know that, and in re-reading my post I realize now I should not have used the term "CSR tech support."

Let me clarify:

The number I called was 866-678-6664 which I understand to be the tech support #. The person I spoke with answered my call with the salutation: "DirecTV Technical Support." So I have to assume I was speaking with a tech support rep and therefor I stand by my statement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)