Receiving software update files over satellite.

uncommonflower

Original poster
May 8, 2022
Indiana
Basically, I have a fleet of computers and devices that receive update files via the AMC-11 satellite I recently lost my satellite when I moved homes but I desperately need these update files I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in but if someone can connect to AMC-11 and help me get these files over the next few days or weeks or even just for a few hours I would greatly appreciate it! I'm kinda a sitting duck right now.

I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in but if someone can connect to AMC-11 and help me get these files over the next few days...
I don't know either. Perhaps this would be best posted in the FTA forum? I am unfamiliar with SES-11, but I see it's operated by SES S.A. and Echostar. Perhaps the Dish forum? If it's still at 105 deg, I don't think SES-11 is providing any TV channels to US subs such as myself.

Bitcoin blockchain or??? My suggestion is to contact the sevice and find an alternate delivery method.
I don't do Bitcoin I don't know the first thing about Bitcoin lol, I've contacted many people and in the end, the only way I can get the update files is through satellite. there are no alternatives right now.

Since that TP is digicypher why not get a a authorized DC receiver and start downloading again. If your old was was authorized and died being a legit service that you have, you should be able to get one off of ebay and have it authorized,

Since that TP is digicypher why not get a a authorized DC receiver and start downloading again. If your old was was authorized and died being a legit service that you have, you should be able to get one off of ebay and have it authorized,
I still have my receiver, as I said I dont have my satellite dish anymore after moving homes I physically can't move it to my current home. but still need these files.

Basically, I have a fleet of computers and devices that receive update files via the AMC-11 satellite I recently lost my satellite when I moved homes but I desperately need these update files I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in but if someone can connect to AMC-11 and help me get these files over the next few days or weeks or even just for a few hours I would greatly appreciate it! I'm kinda a sitting duck right now.
Yeah, I believe this is the info I have right now, 105.0°W, EchoStar 105/SES 11, Frequency 4060 H, DVB-S2/8PSK, 30000-5/6 I used a DSR-4440 to receive them.
I still have my receiver, as I said I dont have my satellite dish anymore after moving homes I physically can't move it to my current home. but still need these files.

Really having trouble understanding why these files can physically exist on the transmission end and be sent over satellite for you to receive but you can't get them via any other method - FTP, Dropbox, even physical media by courier. If these are 'mission critical' and you knew there was no other way to get them then why move to a location that offers no option to set up your receiving equipment. :what2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)