Recent Experience With GBox Software Limits and Premium +

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MarkVA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Northern Virginia, USA
Folks - I thought I would pass along my experience using the GBox as a positioner for the Premium +. I haven't upgraded my firmware beyond 5020, so I don't know if the problem would go away with more recent firmware. I am running the positioner and AZBox in DiSEqC mode because of my dish & actuator hardware.

When scanning in new channels, I've experienced the well-documented problem of the AZBox autonomously setting software limits preventing the dish from moving east. The fundamental part of this is that I trust my hardware limits, so I don't need software limits.

I've implemented a fix which works for me:
  1. Don't panic. I let the dish stop moving and tell me that I've reached the east limit (which, of course, I never programmed).
  2. Turn off the AZBox using the "sleep" mode.
  3. Press & hold the "limit" button on the GBox remote. It will count down from 10 to 0 and clear the software limits.
  4. Turn off the GBox (The AZBox should still be off.)
  5. Turn on the system using the AXBox remote. When it boots up and the GBox turns on, the software limits are cleared and the dish continues to move to the proper location.
  6. Hope others can benefit from my experience...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts