Recent Glorystar additions/changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Looks like Glorystar added a couple channels and moved some around. Some have been posted already but here is what I read

Telepace has changed parameters. Its on
IA5
11874 freq
H
22000 symbol rate

CBS (Korean service) has returned
IA5
H

Miracle Channel moved from IA5 to AMC4
AMC4
H

KNLB Radio was added on IA5
IA5
V

I think that is it :)

Yo Iceberg,

Been a while since I drove you nuts with some technical questions so here goes! I would like to add the new radio channel to the radio section of the program list on my receiver. However, it always comes out on the Television side instead of the Radio side. How do I get it on the Radio side? Hope you understand what I am trying to ask because I think I am confusing myself. :D Thanks!

yep...I know what you're asking :)

What receiver? Most boxes will put the radio channels on its own side but I've seen people force it to the TV side but that takes some manual entries.

That is weird its on the TV side. When I scanned it in, it popped up on the radio side on all my boxes

The basic Fortec Receiver that is part of the Glorystar package. I tried to put the new Christian Radio station from Glorystar on there and the "We The People Radio Network" which is quite interesting to listen to, if not just amusing in some parts.

Describe how you are inputting the new channels or updating the current channels.

Are you entering the Menu and selecting TP Scan, selecting the correct satellite, selecting the correct TP frequency, polarization and symbol rate, pressing in the yellow button, then pressing OK to save?

Unless the Radio PID information is being manually entered, they should not appear on the TV list.

Nope, that would explain it. I tried to enter it manually. Thanks Glorystar, I will give that a shot. Any news on potential new channels or future test channels coming up?

Also, any word on how close you are to that dual LNBF for simultaneous multiple reciever usage?

Thanks again for a great product. :up

NYR

Do a manual scan of the whole transponder...that will scan all the channels on that transponder and put them in the correct spot. You can always delete the channels you don't want :)

Thanks Ice, it did the trick. All channels are now in the right spots and I got rid of the ones that weren't of any interests as you suggessted. Now if I can just manage to get my dish fine tuned enough to get those 4 channels on Galaxy 25 that just don't want to cooperate my system will be perfect! It is no big sweat though because other than the Love World Channel, they all seem to be foreign language anyways. Old Path is touchy, during the day it is cool, at night it craps out.

Too bad those channels on the weaker transponders couldn't be shifted to AMC 4. I have no problem with any of the channels on that bird. The TBN channels on Galaxy 25 seem to be really clear as well.

Shalom TV

Don't know if it is of any interest to anyone, but Shalom TV is up on:

Galaxy 25
11898 V
TP 9
(According to Lyngsat)

It is a station from Israel and is supposed to be for the Jewish Community, but they have Chrisitan shows as well, in fact the first show I watched was called Jesus Kids.

Also has news from Israel. Looks kind of interesting.

Don't know if it is of any interest to anyone, but Shalom TV is up on:

Galaxy 25
11898 V
TP 9
(According to Lyngsat)

It is a station from Israel and is supposed to be for the Jewish Community, but they have Chrisitan shows as well, in fact the first show I watched was called Jesus Kids.

Also has news from Israel. Looks kind of interesting.

Scratch that folks, last night Shalom TV became the victim of....NAGRAVISION!!!! In otherwords, it done got scrambled.

according to Globecast its 7 bucks a month

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 191
Ah, but free is soooo much better. I figured it would only be a matter of time, for the website for Shalom TV shows that it is an "On Demand" channel. It must have just slipped by them for a bit. Did program in Ebru TV which seems so far to be family oriented shows, I think out of Australia and a Fox affiliate our of Beaumont, but with the kids I have to monitor that one closely.

Still hoping for some more Christian channes from Glosrystar. Liberty and CTN would have been a great start.

I goofed...it was Salaam TV that was free (the 2 channels were next to each other in the list when I scanned IA5)

yes Shalom TV is scrambled

Thanks for getting my hopes up Ice! :p I checked it last night and saw it was still scrambled, but I didn't have the time to raz you until now. Now you snagged that from me too. Geeze! :D

Ebru-Muslum?

Did program in Ebru TV which seems so far to be family oriented shows, I think out of Australia.

I found this on the Ebru website and this alone would rule it out for my family:

Islamic Scholars

Inspired by faith, Muslim scientists expanded the limits of knowledge-- from medicine to mathematics, from art to architecture.

Discover the extraordinary contributions of a unique civilization, whole novel ideas and institutions have continued to bring benefit down through the ages.

Really??? I have not seen anything Islamic on the television channel yet. All I have seen was Nasa specials about the space shuttle, a few cartoons aimed at little children, and actually saw a few christian related shows on it.

Perhaps with this revelation brought to light, I should examine a little closer and take appropriate actions with my receiver.

Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts