Reception drops

ahegedus

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 5, 2004
State College, PA
I have a dish DVR-522 receiver that I've had for about 4 or 5 years without any trouble until this week... Now all of a sudden I keep getting drops in reception. They seem to occur at random times and last for about 5 seconds or so. At it's worst, it was happening almost once every 4 to 5 minutes. It happens both during live viewing and in dvr recordings. Is this a sign that my receiver is going south? When I look at the point dish screen in the menu, it looks like I have good links, so I'm guessing it's not just an alignment issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the help!!!

Adam

P.S. when i say the reception 'drops' it actually is freezing. When i'm watching a show live, i see a still image for a few seconds. When i'm watching a dvr recording, there is a skip in the playback.

Last edited:
Press "menu" 6,1,3......system info screen.

Let it do the test and see if it says "LNB Drift " when it completes the test. If not, then you mine as well call for a service call. It may be one of a million different things....

Check all connections, particularly those that are exposed to moisture. You might be having a buildup of corrosion from moisture inside the fittings. Check them all and see that they are nice and clean.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)