Reception on two tv's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rcc147

Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
New York
I have one antenna high up on the roof and have connected two tv's to it (via a splitter), but am getting different results:

TV1 - Newish LCD HDTV with built in digital tuner. Get a great HD picture on most channels some of the time, but often see freezing etc. The tv connects to the antenna via an old twin cable that connects to a RG59 cable, total length around 75ft.

TV2 - Old analog tv with separate digital converter box. Great a great picture on all channels all the time, no freezing at all. TV connects to antenna via 50ft of RG59.

To resolve the problem with tv1, I'm thinking of replacing the twin cable with RG59 (I have spare cables or RG6 which I'd have to go out and buy). Before drilling another hole in the window frame and maybe buying more cable, could someone give me their thoughts on this? Could it be the twin cable or could it be the tuner in the tv itself? Open to any suggestions. Thank you.

Get rid of the twin lead flat cable and install a new balun on the antenna and if you have enough RG59 use that from the balun to the splitter then to each TV. If you do not have enough RG59 then buy RG6 and use that from the new balun to the splitter and you can use the existing RG59 from the splitter to each set.

Good advice the flat lead is unshielded and can actually work as an antenna which can cause interference which you are probably seeing on LCD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts