ReChargable battery for Digital Camera

blanquitoman1984

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Fontana, CA
Is it possible to use any other type of batteries or does one have to use cannon brand batteries

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Canon-CBK4-200-Rechargeable-Battery-PowerShot/dp/B0001GMITO]Amazon.com: Canon CBK4-200 Rechargeable Battery and Charger Kit for PowerShot Cameras: Electronics[/ame]

I was thinking about buying these type of batteries

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/SANYO-eneloop-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B000IV2WAW/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_0]Amazon.com: SANYO eneloop 4 Pack AA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries: Electronics[/ame]

If all will work, will the charger react just as if they where cannon batteries, by turning on a solid red light showing that the batteries have completed being recharged.

Is it possible to use any other type of batteries or does one have to use cannon brand batteries

Amazon.com: Canon CBK4-200 Rechargeable Battery and Charger Kit for PowerShot Cameras: Electronics

I was thinking about buying these type of batteries

Amazon.com: SANYO eneloop 4 Pack AA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries: Electronics

If all will work, will the charger react just as if they where cannon batteries, by turning on a solid red light showing that the batteries have completed being recharged.
You have a PM from me!

I have a charger that looks a lot like the one above and rechargeable AA batteries that came my Kodak digital camera 7 years ago. They of course say "Kodak" on them but AFAIK Kodak is not in the battery business! The original batteries lasted quite a while, but when they gave up the ghost I started using Ray-O-Vac rechargeables in that same camera and charger and those work just fine. In fact I use AA and AAA sizes in quite a few small electronic items and they all charge in that one charger. The green light comes on when they are charging and goes of when they're "done". (They charge in pairs in my charger, so there are 2 lights. This is really convenient for me because many of the small items in which I use these batteries take only 2.)...

I have a charger that looks a lot like the one above and rechargeable AA batteries that came my Kodak digital camera 7 years ago. They of course say "Kodak" on them but AFAIK Kodak is not in the battery business! The original batteries lasted quite a while, but when they gave up the ghost I started using Ray-O-Vac rechargeables in that same camera and charger and those work just fine. In fact I use AA and AAA sizes in quite a few small electronic items and they all charge in that one charger. The green light comes on when they are charging and goes of when they're "done". (They charge in pairs in my charger, so there are 2 lights. This is really convenient for me because many of the small items in which I use these batteries take only 2.)...
Yes, Kodak does produce batteries. So does Polaroid. It's all about name recognition. Many think,"Kodak batteries for my kodak camera!"

Batteries are batteries just make sure that you follow the manufacturers directions for the right type of batteries such as alkaline or lithium ect ect.

BTW if your in a pinch for double A's and you have one of those large square lantern batteries laying around all you have to do is crack the case open, its packed with double A's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)