This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Reciever Recommendations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jfricker

Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
I am asking the experts. I have had Directv for years, the last 2 with the limited HD channels on 1 old Hughes receiver. I have receved a new 5-lnb oval dish from my brother in law (there was no line of site at his house so they cancelled their Directv subscription. I have always installed my own equipment (started with a full 10' dish back in 1990) and will do the same for this upgrade. Now my question, can I get some recommendations for a HD receiver to set up to get all the new channels? I have everything else but I would like some guidance on a receiver. I do not want a DVR just the best receiver for the new HD channels.
Thanks!

Well, it's not like there is much choice today. I have an H20 that's never given me a moment of trouble and it gets all the new HD channels without a problem. There's a newer model, the H21, but it doesn't have OTA capability so if getting local stations with a regular antenna is an issue then you'll want an H20.

Status
Please reply by conversation.