Recommend me a good FTA system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gunslinger762

Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
Texas
I'm in need of some advice... I'm looking to purchase a FTA system with most if not all the bells and whistles I would like anybody with real expertise to look at this list of potential components and make some recommendations before I start ordering stuff. What I'm after is a 1m motorized dish, a receiver with auto search, for FTA (and others). I know a 1m may be overkill but I'm in Texas (when it rains it pours!) This system only needs to feed only one TV (no known need for additional LNB's)

Antenna- Weingard DS-3101
Drive Motor- Moteck SG2100
Receiver- ??? possibly one of the following-
Hyundai HSS-800CI, BEC DB6600+CI, PANSAT 2500, PANSAT 500CI
LNB- ASC321-2 Universal Ku band or a ASC321S-2

If you see any flaws in this configuration (or I forgot something) or even suggest something better Id appreciate it!

Also how good are the PCI receiver cards? (good, bad, ugly)?

I'm using a Winegard 30" dish, an ExpressVu LNB (the old style) and a Pansat 1500.

Another option for a receievr is the Satwork 3688. It has a search and will control a motor, too :)

Gunslinger762 said:
I'm in need of some advice... I'm looking to purchase a FTA system with most if not all the bells and whistles I would like anybody with real expertise to look at this list of potential components and make some recommendations before I start ordering stuff.
With the amount of knowledge on here, we'll give you some real good advice :)
What I'm after is a 1m motorized dish, a receiver with auto search, for FTA (and others). [/quote
What do you mean by others? Its either FTA or its a subscription
I know a 1m may be overkill but I'm in Texas (when it rains it pours!) This system only needs to feed only one TV (no known need for additional LNB's)
Get the biggest dish you can use right away. I have a 30" and want a 1m
Antenna- Weingard DS-3101
Drive Motor- Moteck SG2100
Receiver- ??? possibly one of the following-
Hyundai HSS-800CI, BEC DB6600+CI, PANSAT 2500, PANSAT 500CI
LNB- ASC321-2 Universal Ku band or a ASC321S-2
most of what you listed is real good stuff. The receiver there are some other options
Also how good are the PCI receiver cards? (good, bad, ugly)?
I dont have one, but some memebers on here do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)