Recommend PS2 games.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
My last video console was an Atari 2600 and didn't want to jump into the video games again until my daughter asked for one. So I went ahead and bought her the PS2. Got the slim PS2 at Target for $99 and I think it's a good start for beginners like her, well us.

I would like to play some games too :) but have no idea what's out there. What games would you recommend for someone just getting into it? I like shooting or some adventure/action games.

Thanks.

If you can play when your daughter is not around, get both God of War and God of War II. Two of my favorite games on PS2 and two of the best looking games that ever came out for it.

Thanks for the recommedations. God of War sounds pretty cool but we'll have to play it when the daughter is not around. Is God of War kind of like Doom? I'll also look into SOCOM.

I tried playing a racing game once at my in-laws and I really sucked at it :(, so it might be a while before I get to one but thanks for the suggestion.

There's certainly no shortage of PS2 games available. Most can be had for pretty cheap $$.

I did the same thing (bought a PS2 from Target a couple weeks back for $99). I've been visiting the local Gamestop for used games, but prior to going in I've looked up a genre at gameratio.com to see what would be a "good" game. I've got some very good games in very good shape for dirt cheap. Most I've spent on a game so far was $3.99.

Play Station 2

Hee-Heeee....... didn't that thing go obsolete back with the Commodore 64?:p

Seriously though, here are some sure winner fun-for-all games that my kids enjoy:
Guitar Hero
Rock Band
Lego Star Wars
Dance-Dance Revolution
Sing Star

As for grownup games, I dunno... cuz daddy gets the "big-boy toy", an X360!!!

Hee-Heeee....... didn't that thing go obsolete back with the Commodore 64?:p

Seriously though, here are some sure winner fun-for-all games that my kids enjoy:
Guitar Hero
Rock Band
Lego Star Wars
Dance-Dance Revolution
Sing Star

As for grownup games, I dunno... cuz daddy gets the "big-boy toy", an X360!!!

LOL, they're still selling them and the games so no they are not obsolete YET!

Grand Tourismo 3 or 4 , 4 much better good for all ages.
Don NOT let the kids play these:
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Grand Theft San Andreas
Grand Theft Liberty City storys
Grand Theft Vice City storys

LOL, they're still selling them and the games so no they are not obsolete YET!

I think they will be around for quite a while, just based on the number of games people already have in thier collection (especially with sketchy PS3 backwards-compatibility...). With them selling @ $99, my kids could break 4 of them before a PS3 would be paid for!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)