Recommend some BT headphones for HWS

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Every now and then I'll stay up late with a beer while my wife sleeps and catch up on my manly shows :). Can you point me in the direction of a nice product that is reliable, and sounds good as well. Its no benefit for me to use headphones if the sound sucks.

I'd say Im looking $100-$200 range. If there is a good pair for less, fine too :)

Thanks.

Another thing to throw out, since wireless is not a necessity. Would I be better served with wired head phones, because my Denon is only around 9 feet in front of me?

You might have trouble finding wired BT headphones, though....

heh heh...I knew what you meant

I recently bought the MEElectronics Air Fi Runaway Bluetooth Stereo Wireless Headphones with Microphone from Amazon ($70) for use with my original Hopper. Works fine, sounds fine. I didn't need the mic but most BT phones have them so they can also be used with mobile phones. One reason I bought them is because they have a wired 1/8" headphone port (which also charges the headphones via a special USB cable), so if I'm using them and the battery dies, I can plug in a headphone extension right into my Denon (which is also about 9 feet away). Buy them from a place you can return them to if you don't like the sound quality. Good luck!

Another thing to throw out, since wireless is not a necessity. Would I be better served with wired head phones, because my Denon is only around 9 feet in front of me?

I just purchased the Auvio BT Sterio Headphones (Radio Shack number 3300675) from RS. They work flawlessly with my Hopper BT. When searching for BT wirelsess headphones, I received mostly the single ear type used for cell phones in cars. BTW price is $99.99 in California. These are ideall sinlce they cover both ears, not IN the ear, and are very comfortable.

Got the S305's, they fit a little weird but overall I like the sound and the price. After pairing it the first time, turning it on and off gets me sound. My only suggestion would be once the headphones are live, it mutes the sound output to your system. This is what the Roku 3 does and it rocks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)