Recommendation for BUD Positioner

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vc2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
I'm looking for recommendations for a positioner to control a 12' Paraclipse Dish.

I presently have 2 Macom T1 positioners and 1 DX Positioner. The main problem with these older positioners is satellite naming. They only support 2-character names using a limited number of characters to choose from. I'm presently using the newer T1 positioner. The main problem with the T1 is that it doesn't sort the names in east to west order, and it's very difficult to pick functional names with only 2 characters.

I've searched available products and am leaning toward the
Titanium ASC1 DiSEqC Positioner Satellite Motor & Polarity Controller Dish Mover. The display provides the full satellite name and longitude position. It has features that I don't need like Polar-Rotor control (I'm using dual output LNBFs). The construction looks good, but the cost is double to triple the cost of other available positioners that I've found.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

I have an ASC1 and can highly recommend it. You can store your position settings in a CSV file and also name each satellite. It's a good choice.

I 've owned the ASC1 since 2014. I have never had a problem with it at all. I would definitely by another one if I needed a new positioner.

I have been using an ASC1 to move my 12ft paraclipse since the unit was released and it hasn't failed me yet (even with a dish full of snow). It is also powering two power hungry pll lnbs. It is well worth the extra money.

Last edited:
ASC1 I have beat the hell out of mine. No issue. Brian stands behind it all the way and is more then happy to help.

It's on my wish list. I don't care much for the v-box that came with my dish.

I've been putting off purchasing one for myself. I need to keep one dish mobile in order to snoop around from time to time to see what's on other satellites. The junky Pansat positioner I'm using now goes bonkers every time I try to move the dish. I really don't need one as elaborate as the ASC1, but I have had no luck locating a 3 digit positioner from the 80's that still works. Those things are a rare as hen's teeth.

Thanks for the feedback. I placed an order for the ASC1 last night.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts