Recommendations for new single-room customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ryansebiz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Hey guys - I live in the SF Bay Area, finally got rid of Comcast and will be a new DirecTV subscriber soon. I've read this forum's stickies and several threads and have a few questions.

Based on these needs, what would package/equipment you recommend that I sign up for?

• Only one room/TV
  • HD DVR
  • Local channels
  • ESPN
  • Internet modem & wireless router are in a different room than the TV & D* receiver
In addition, does the Costco promotion currently offer the most savings? If not, what do you recommend?

Last edited:
I am not familar with the Costco deal but maybe someone else could be clearer on that front. The new deal that Direct offer is pretty hard to beat, free NFL Sunday ticket, HBO, Starz, Showtime, and CineMax free for 3 months, 34.99 for 12months for Choice Ultimate and free hd dvr upgrade. Since you are wanting a HD DVR you will get an HR series receiver, since you are not guaranteed a certain model receiver (you get what is currently on the installers truck or what they currently have in stock) you need to tell them that you also want the Directv Cinema Connection Kit so you have access to the on demand channels. Hope this helps, I had a one tv receiver for awhile when I signed up but liked so much when to the whole home set up and love it. I strongly suggest you think about getting another receiver from the get go this way you don't have to renew your contract when you add a receiver like I had to.

Hey guys - I live in the SF Bay Area, finally got rid of Comcast and will be a new DirecTV subscriber soon. I've read this forum's stickies and several threads and have a few questions.

Based on these needs, what would package/equipment you recommend that I sign up for?

• Only one room/TV
  • HD DVR
  • Local channels
  • ESPN
  • Internet modem & wireless router are in a different room than the TV & D* receiver
In addition, does the Costco promotion currently offer the most savings? If not, what do you recommend?

I just posted this in another thread because someone else was asking the same thing:
Here is the best deal to sign up. Get an AAA card if you don't already have one. Call the AAA DirecTV special number to sign up for new service. You will get $200 off over 20 months. You will automatically get all the new customer promos on Directv.com (as listed in above post). The discounts stack. Make sure to get your new account number and write it down. Then, after you get off the phone with AAA, call up the DirecTV refer-a-friend a line or regular DirecTV customer service. Tell the CSR that you forgot to add the refer-a-friend discount when you signed up. They will add the RAF discount on top of the AAA discount, which works out to an additional $100 off ($10/m for 10 months).

As far as I know, you cannot stack other offers with the Cosco deal. The above deal is actually better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just posted this in another thread because someone else was asking the same thing:
Here is the best deal to sign up. Get an AAA card if you don't already have one. Call the AAA DirecTV special number to sign up for new service. You will get $200 off over 20 months. You will automatically get all the new customer promos on Directv.com (as listed in above post). The discounts stack. Make sure to get your new account number and write it down. Then, after you get off the phone with AAA, call up the DirecTV refer-a-friend a line or regular DirecTV customer service. tell the CSR that you forgot to add the refer-a-friend discount when you signed up. They will add the RAF discount on top of the AAA discount, which works out to an additional $100 off ($10/m for 10 months).

As far as I know, you cannot stack other offers with the Cosco deal. The above deal is actually better.

Doesn't work like that .....

You HAVE to call the Special Refer a Friend number and it has to the the FIRST thing you do or they wont give it to you.

Many have had issues with trying to get a RaF calling the main number and find out that they can no longer get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't work like that .....

You HAVE to call the Special Refer a Friend number and it has to the the FIRST thing you do or they wont give it to you.

Many have had issues with trying to get a RaF calling the main number and find out that they can no longer get it.

Oh, not true. I know, because I just did about a month ago. It can be done and it is fairly easy to do. You have to call AAA first, then RAF.

Oh, not true. I know, because I just did about a month ago. It can be done and it is fairly easy to do. You have to call AAA first, then RAF.

Well then they have LAXED the rules quite a bit, I was unable to get my referral because I called the wrong number and also was not able to get the AAA discount either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts