record and watch on bev

dennis12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
Sorry for what may be a dumb question for some. I had a 3100 receiver for bell express with two satelites on the roof pointed at each one. the person who put it in then split the two singles so i could put it in my 3100. I have now received the 9200 hd receiver. I put the cable into the tv1. And as i can see i cant record and watch something different. So do i need to get both the cables coming from both satelites and put them in tv1 and tv2 or do i need anything else. Thanks for any advice. Dennis

So I'm assuming you are no longer needing the 3100? The thing you call a "splitter" is probably an SW21 switch. What that does is lets the receiver select between the two dishes depending on which channel you choose.
Here is what you have to do............

If you plan to use the 3100 as well as the 9200 you will need a SW44 switch (or equivalent). What that does is allows you to connect all the receivers to the dishes you currently have.

If you are no longer using the 3100 and have only the 9200 you can get by with an additional SW21 switch, which is the same as what you have there already.

You will need to run an additional cable (rg6) from the other input of the 9200 to the second SW21 switch (or SW44 if you're using the 3100). Then connect the inputs of the SW21, labeled Sat 1 and Sat 2 (or a and b) to the 2nd output of the lnbs. Sat 1 should go to the dish pointed at the 91 sat and Sat 2 should go to the dish pointed at 82.
Once that is all done, run a "check switch" on the receiver and you should be good to go!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)