Record Options: New Episodes Only

shenanigans_ink

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
this isn't working all of a sudden and my HDDVR is filling up with Repeat Episodes of Children's shows that shouldn't be recording.

This may sound like a dumb question but... Did you press "list" and go to "Series Manager" and delete the suspect program?

I'm sorry but I don't quite understand. Are you having trouble deleting programs? Is the problem program showing or not showing on the list? Because if every channel is set to record, then it seem that deleting the problem program would be the solution. Can you give us a more detailed explanation of what's going on??

Maybe you can just delete every program on the list then unplug the box and plug it back in. If the problem stops then you can re-build your recording list.

My guess is the problem was related to the program guide Data. Which is how the box knows if its "new" or "repeat" its possible there was no new or repeat code in the guide for those programs so the box just recorded them to be safe.

Very interesting. So if the box doesn't see a change in the data then it will just repeat the same process?

My guess is the problem was related to the program guide Data. Which is how the box knows if its "new" or "repeat" its possible there was no new or repeat code in the guide for those programs so the box just recorded them to be safe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)