Record same show on different channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rhubman16

Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
I have a R15-500 DVR and I am trying to record a show that is on two different channels. It is on one channel for new episodes and another channel for repeats. It will not allow me to set the series on the second channel. Has anyone had this issue? Can it be fixed?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to record new episodes of family guy on fox. That series was setup. We I try to record family guy reruns on tbs, it will not let me set the series up. It does nothing if I do it through a search and if I do it through the guide, the R in a circle goes away.

Ok for the reruns on TBS try this... highlight a future episode on TBS, and press select. Then press Record Series, then change the episode type to repeats only, then press 'record as set' on the bottom right. See what that does. Could be a timer conflict with something else maybe. Do you have anything else scheduled at that time slot that could interfere with it? And check your signal strength for both tuners on transponders 1 and 2, let me know what both are, rule out a signal problem.

Changing the series did not help. The signal strentgh on both tuners are 96%

You cannot record a series on two different channels. You can record the series on one channel and individual episodes on the other.

You cannot record a series on two different channels. You can record the series on one channel and individual episodes on the other.

Yeah you can, I do it all the time. The timer/scheduler, when you set it up to record a series, it goes by the specific channel that it is on. You can set one series on one channel and another series on a different channel and it should work, as long as you don't have a conflict with something else that is already scheduled. I like to record new episodes of CSI Miami on CBS in series link, first run, then record the repeats in series link on A & E. Haven't had any problems with it, no reason why it shouldn't work. Timer conflict the only thing I can really think of. Or something messed up internally with that DVR.

It does not matter which series I do first (repeats or first runs), either way the second one will not record. I should not have conflicts for all of the times it is on, since it runs constently.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)