Record to PC with 8300 HD / firewire

TTGator

Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
So does anyone know how to record live or DVR'd material to a PC? Specifically I'm in Tampa. I know the Firewire port is active. Tried doing some stuff in the AVS forums, but to no avail yet.... though I seem to be close.

CSR at BH said they don't "support" it so she can't tell me how to do it, but that it could be done. Anyone figure it out and can give detailed instructions or point me to them?

Thanks!

Firewire ports on sa8300hd is not yet active. Yes windows will see the port and you can install the driver. When they update the firmware next month they will be. But it its now pointless since all but the local channles are set to copy never or copy once, either way the pc will refuse to record.

Firewire ports on sa8300hd is not yet active. Yes windows will see the port and you can install the driver. When they update the firmware next month they will be. But it its now pointless since all but the local channles are set to copy never or copy once, either way the pc will refuse to record.

Ahh... I see. So when they open the port next month will they also change the 5c on any of the other channels?

When were the local channels set back to 5c? They were removed after i took it up the ladder 18 months ago - but with the firewire not active on the 8300 i have not paid much attention.

the locals are copy freely everything else was set to copy once or copy never. About a month ago many channels in the hd pack were copy freely. Now its copy once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)